Beach tables

lsjtcMay 5, 2008

We have several large spools we would like to make table for our beach on the pond and put an umbrella in the middle hole. Now we are stumped as to some inexpensive or free to use for stools. Any ideas??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

How an Adriondrack or other style chair made out of pallets? If you look around on the internet, you can probably find free instuctions and patterns.

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 10:56AM
craftylady-2006

Small benches around it would like nice too.

Sal

Bookmark   May 7, 2008 at 9:04PM
Craftybrat

We use Log rounds. Tack an old comfy cusion to the top or make something to cover top so your tushy doesnt get sore. I saw something in a magazine that I am now dieing to try it was a cool twisted old stump with velvet cloth cushioned seat tacked to the top for an over sized table seat tons of tacks and very yummy looking velvet. It was set in a covered outdoor dinnig space that looked so great I want one!

Bookmark   May 11, 2008 at 1:27PM
lsjtc

Thanks for all the great ideas. I thought of the bench idea but like the idea of individual seating a little better. Craftybrat, do you have a pic...these sound wonderful!!

Bookmark   May 12, 2008 at 7:59AM
sharon_fl

old nail kegs would work great! A friend of mine cut several logs from his farm and placed a square of 3/4" plywood nailed to the top then added old tractor seats-comfy & unique!

Bookmark   May 16, 2008 at 5:30PM
Craftybrat

I wish I had some pictures. I saw them in a book at the libary and now I can't find them but I bet they won't be hard to make just need a log round that is big enough and dry and tons of foam and tons of those tack thingies for furniture. I've used all those on stuff but not on this yet.

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 10:56PM
adellabedella_usa

is this it?

Here is a link that might be useful: stump chair

Bookmark   May 18, 2008 at 11:23PM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™