Can anyone say totems or birdbaths

donnainncMay 23, 2004

I went to the dump yesterday and brought home 2 truckloads of goodies this one man was throwing away a bunch of trophies he gave them to me and also said he had over 100 more that I could have when he cleaned out his bldg I'm in totem and birdbath heaven. Thats not counting all the other good stuff we found Got 2 bicycles to take apart and do some things with was I lucky or what?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Yellow22

I don't know but I pass them up at the thrift store...I've yet to see something made with them. I'd like to see what you come up with, maybe I'll give it a try.

Bookmark   May 23, 2004 at 11:05AM
toomuchglass

I see old trophies for pennies at garage sales. I can't think of anything to use them for ! Can you share any ideas for them with us ?

Bookmark   May 23, 2004 at 3:53PM
donnainnc

I took them apart and will rearrange along with old lamps and things to make birdbaths and feeders andgarden totems will post pics when I get them done

Bookmark   May 23, 2004 at 10:04PM
Carolina_pig

I can't wait to see what you come up with!!

Carolina

Bookmark   May 24, 2004 at 6:57AM
toomuchglass

VERY CLEVER IDEA (with the trophies !) I hope you can post pics when you are done :)

Bookmark   May 25, 2004 at 11:43AM
kalona511

Donna, looking forward to seeing pics of what you do with your trophies and bikes. Good haul!

Kalona

Bookmark   May 25, 2004 at 12:36PM
trashtricks

I reuse old trophies too, I have made staves for parades or attach to each tent leg when I do events. MSO aka one with couch makes me musical shakers out of them which are fun. if they are the trophy ladies I use them in my collage projects. I also have a marble orchard in my yard where I laid the marble pieces like brickswhich are now covered in weeds lol One of my friends uses the wooden base parts for musical sanding bars, and drum stick practice. I do have a totem of the wonderful holographic pieces in my corner of the living room. Sometimes the special oly,pics in the area will take them too as trophies for there participants.the double ended thread rods and connectors can be used for tons of other stuff too....including link to my DDP photoalbum which has some of the other projects I get roped into hope the link works

Here is a link that might be useful: dumpster Diversion Project

Bookmark   January 17, 2005 at 9:19PM
ohiomom

Trash tricks....

I really enjoyed your pics....how creative!!

Bookmark   January 17, 2005 at 10:08PM
ashli

What can you make with old bicycle parts?
We have 3 rusting bikes.

Bookmark   January 18, 2005 at 1:10PM
More Discussions
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™