Escapade...mosaic mirror

stjohnsgypsyApril 30, 2008

Here's a mirror I did for an art show. I had it priced at $125.00........the gallery takes 35%......any advice regarding pricing..hate pricing. Click on it to enlarge.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

I add up what my materials cost me then $10hr for my time, I figure if I don't sell it for at least that, then I'd be ripping myself off! I sure like those oblong tiles!!! They are sooo leafy looking!

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 11:26AM
crackpotannie

Yes janet what in the world are those leaf tiles?Also the ones that are multicolored around the orange thingy??

Bookmark   April 30, 2008 at 8:24PM
mermaidmosaics

Gyspy, That is really nice. I have NO clue as to pricing. I like what Jane said about cost of materials plus $10 hr.. depending on how hard it was to do, and timing you could even add on to that. Isn't that close to minimum wage these days???

Add on the cost of ER visits depending on how many fingers were damaged while working on that particular piece .. LOL

Great job, beautiful work.. And I love that name!!!

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 1:39PM
stjohnsgypsy

Thanks guys...Calamity...the "oblong tiles that are leafy looking" are leaves..I THINK??? Got them from Wits End....Annie....the colorful things around the orange glass gem are beads I got at Michaels if my memory serves me correct...thanks Mermaid...I have a hard time coming up with names..I stare and stare and stare........until it hits me...

Bookmark   May 1, 2008 at 2:13PM
More Discussions
Clock
Finished recently
wackyweeder
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Help! Newbie Ballchain
Hi everyone new here! I want to incorporate ball chain...
KathyC55
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™