Rattan

lucillleApril 11, 2011

Rattan must be 'out' because when I did a search in decorating, it didn't seem to come up with much.

I went into a second hand store and found four rattan barstools for cheap. I'm thinking of painting them, but prior painting of things has often resulted in scraped chipping paint after despite sanding and priming and reading and sweating and praying. Maybe the Paint Gremlin hangs out at my house (although one rousing success was an entertainment center painted white that still looks good if I do say so myself).

And my second challenge is where exactly I'm going to put these in my tiny home.

The few times that I've seen something one-of-a-kind that really appealled and walked away, I've regretted it for years so the bar stools came home with me, all 4 stuffed artfully into the tiny Corolla.

So I have 2 questions:

1) Any tips or techniques for painting rattan so it wont chip or peel and

2) Have any of you bought furniture because you really loved it even when there wasn't much room in the house for it?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lucillle

I went and bought rustoleum paint, it looks like it can be used on other stuff besides metal. I think they are going to be beautiful.

Bookmark   April 12, 2011 at 5:45AM
love_the_yard

It is your term that is outdated. Search using the term "wicker" and you'll find plenty.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 12:02AM
sunnyca_gw

Should work out great, I've painted it before with Rustoleum & works well.(seems like paint formulas change fast now- a- days tho. Do you have a high counter to put them up to if not a round table that is high(people who collect Coke stuff can get tables & high chairs so you might look at them & then make your own "high table" Bro. had that & jukebox & old poolroom type games. it was great fun until he moved away, wonder if he has a game room now, forgot to ask him. Have fun with them.

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 12:57AM
concretenprimroses

I'm always buying stuff that I have no room for!
Post pics of your bar stools when you are done.
Kathy

Bookmark   April 14, 2011 at 12:42PM
More Discussions
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™