Vintage Hats

thrift_shop_romanticApril 9, 2007

Heya dear folks-

I'd started thinking about what to do with vintage hats, and ended up brainstorming some ideas on my blog here:

http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/The_Thrift_Shop_Romantic/New_Ideas_Old_Hat.html

In retrospect I realize it all got to be a bit heavy on the Easter decorating! But I imagine with a few less bunnies and eggs it could be adapted for a general Spring theme. :-)

Hope everyone is getting warmer, better weather!

-Jenn

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
craftylady-2006

Cool ideas you've done with the hats. And no, it's still chilly as heck in the NE, sure wish it'd warm up faster.

Sal

Bookmark   April 10, 2007 at 5:38PM
rachelneil

my daughter has some days at school where it's crazy hat days,
would be an idea to have a funky hat party!

Bookmark   May 7, 2007 at 11:53AM
Dandyliondeb

Love the hats! My older sister has a cool hat collection. Every once in a while we fool around and try on all her hats.

Warmer weather? Ha! It's already close to the 90's here, and hurricane season is just around the corner. But then, I live in SW Florida! Warm weather year 'round is nice but I actually miss the 4 seasons in Chicago.

Debbie in Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: My Home Decorating

Bookmark   May 8, 2007 at 7:20AM
luvs2click

I have a large collection of old hats, some from 3 of my grandmothers, in fact. They are in storage right now, but for years I had them hanging around my bedroom - made a board with pegs every foot or so around the entire room and hung the hats, as well as old gloves, purses, and other old items on the pegs. It was cool, but I got tired of dusting after several years! That was long enough ago I didn't have a digital camera and my scanner isn't working, so no pics!

Arlene

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 12:31AM
thrift_shop_romantic

Arlene, I agree, the dusting can be a bit of a pain, depending particularly whether the material is velvety/felty or not. But I bet the look of it was lovely on the pegs.

Debbie, I too can't resist at least trying on the vintage hats. I found a fun yellow flapper-styled one over the weekend for $5. It's probably not a good look for me, but boy was it fun. :-)

--Jenn

Bookmark   May 11, 2007 at 12:08PM
More Discussions
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™