Does anyone know?

dooneApril 10, 2006

I recently bought a pretty glass dangler (whirly-gig) at Big Lots. One of the pieces on the dangler is a square glass piece. It is held at the top by a piece of metal clamped over the piece of glass (some glue maybe under the metal clamp) and then a ring is soldered to the top. Does anyone know what these clamps are called and where I can get some?


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

If you can show us a picture of it,it may help.

    Bookmark   April 12, 2006 at 11:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I am pretty sure I know what peice you are talking about and I think if you look in the fishing department you will be able to find a little thing that should work. It is for tying to your line and clipping a lure on.

    Bookmark   April 28, 2006 at 11:29AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I use several things from the fishing dept when making danglers.
Swivels being the one I buy the most of! Then the little clip thingys that open and close similar to safty pins. i uae a lot of those.

    Bookmark   April 28, 2006 at 7:54PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Actually, I found them. They are called 'ribbon clamps." It's a jewelry item...

However, nobody sells them in my town...


    Bookmark   May 1, 2006 at 3:52PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
Free Porch Swing I got off's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
Sponsored Products
55" Emeigh Acrylic Freestanding Tub
Signature Hardware
Bottled Up Wine Rack
$79.99 | Dot & Bo
Red & Pink Fusion Stripe Abigail Rug
$39.99 | zulily
Area Rug: Candice Olson Cream 3' 3" x 5' 3"
Home Depot
Black Desk Lamps: Deluxe Sunlight 22 in. Black Desk Lamp 72-0893
$34.99 | Home Depot
Ford Executive Desk with Cabinet - Light Wood
Zuri Furniture
Benjamin Linen Chair - NATURAL
$1,059.00 | Horchow
Elite Mahogany 84 to 156 Inch Decorative Traverse Rod w/ Rings Royal Finial
$151.98 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™