I think I figured it out.. a few pix

recycler4artApril 24, 2010

OK, I think I got it figured out, but we shall see... LOL

Go ez on my early works... LOL I seem to get better with each project.... but grouting is my enemy!!!! Here is the link to pix....

Here is a link that might be useful: pix I HOPE!!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
recycler4art

P.S. THE DATE WAS A DEFINITE BUST!!!!! thats all I gotta say bout that....

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 10:37AM
wackyweeder

I think the mosaic bug has bitten you badly! you have been busy! Love your big ol rooster panel and all your other stuff. Welcome!

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 4:06PM
flagtruck

You have done a beautiful job for starters. If grouting is your enemy, it is my nemisis...I hate it and I am ashamed to post anymore work I have done until I get it grouted. I have about 15-20 pieces awaiting grout now and more on the way. I am really not a grouter but I am devoting at least three days a week to this until I get it done....
You keep up the good work, and keep up your grouting habits. Do them as you make them and they won't pile up on you.

Bookmark   April 24, 2010 at 7:26PM
recycler4art

not so much that I dont LIKE to grout (although it definitely isnt something I WANT to do) but that I SUCK at it! ! My grout lines are not flush with the glass (or whatever), my edges look so messy... It makes a really beautiful piece look like a preschool project. MAKES ME INSANE!!! I tried thinning my grout, thickening it, using my hand, trowel, scraper, squeegie... I have even REgrouted some projects to bring the grout to be flush... WHAT AM I DOING WRONG???????????

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 6:46AM
texaswild

Well gee, RECYC: I don't see a thing wrong w/your work. Everything looks like it's cleaned of the grout, and as far as grout being flush w/the tess, is that even possible w/some dish shards? Looks like you've been mosaicing for years - definitely NOT preschool work. IMO, you are worrying too much. You're doing a great job. As you said, you get better w/each piece. Isn't that what practice is all about. As FLAG said, keep doing what you're doing - looks REAL good to me.

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 8:45AM
Calamity_J

Looks great! And grout is always gonna need cleaning up...I LOVE to grout!!! I always use sanded grout as the non sanded is too mucky!! Boy I wish I lived in Texas! I'd be over at Flag's place grouting everything she's got!!!ha! Luv Luv Luv it!

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 1:53PM
flagtruck

Janey Bo you always say that and I have been saving it up for you. I did finish two pieces today and will take pics in the am when I can get some help moving one of them.
You are always welcome here.

Bookmark   April 25, 2010 at 7:21PM
recycler4art

Thanks guys!!!! What a refreshing relief.... I really did think I was doin something seriously wrong. My aunt paid for me a class at the local art gallery... it will be fun & hopefully I will learn something exciting I can come & share. hahahah!!! Everyone have a great week!! OH & BTW, I am a Northerner myself... MICHIGAN!!

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 3:01PM
barbfrizzell1955

I love to grout too because that is when a mosaic finally comes together. I don't always make the right grout choice though. LOL
I live in a suburb of Detroit, where are you? I think your work looks fine.

Bookmark   April 26, 2010 at 5:20PM
recycler4art

Crafty, I am about 50 mins North of Grand Rapids in the Canadian Lakes area.... I just finished two tables & a lazy susan that I am very thrilled with!!! Will post on pb over the next few days!!!

Bookmark   April 30, 2010 at 6:08AM
More Discussions
bees
did I share this here? Yggdrasil and the Divine Intoxicant...
nicethyme
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Outdoor Thermometer
Did this to go on our porch next to the kitchen door....
brokenbitmosaics
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
Wonder Horse... getting started!
A couple weeks ago I introduced myself to you all and...
solstice98
Sponsored Products
Cascade 12-Light Chrome Finish with Clear-Crystals Ceiling-Light
$719.00 | Bellacor
Signature Design by Ashley Maribel Platform Storage Bed
Overstock.com
Eunice Outdoor Area Rug in Brown & Brown - 2'4" x 6'7"
Grandin Road
Panthella Floor Lamp by Louis Poulsen
$996.00 | Lumens
Kraus Sat-in Nickel Pull-out Sprayer Kitchen Faucet and Dispenser
Overstock.com
Design House 31W x 19D in. Aurora Cultured Marble Single Sink Vanity Top Multico
$299.99 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™