Ceramic Tiles Samples

MagnoliaMommyApril 13, 2005

My hubby was at work one day and found a box sitting next to the dumpster that had samples of ceramic tiles in it. The box is so heavy I can barely lift it even though it is a very small box. Most of the tiles are cobalt blue & white... which I love! The only problem is that most of the tiles are broken or cracked. I was thinking about using a hammer to break them all up and then glue them to a small table top to make a tile mosaic. What do you think? Can ya'll think of any other ideas that might be better than a table top?

Thanks,

Shelia

PS I just found this forum and think it is GREAT!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dgo1223

Well, I just the other day took some stained glass scraps and glued them to some of the concrete garden edgers, the kind that are slightly curved to use around a small flower garden bed which has my birdbath in it. Got the idea from the show "Crafters across America." I grouted one to see how it looked, but like them better just covered with the glass.

I bet it would work with the tiles, too.

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 11:31AM
chinacat_sunflower

:) that's what broken tiles are FOR, lovey!

you are SO lucky... that's just the box of samples I've been looking for- I want to do the 'bar' between my kitchen and dining room in tile (training for doing the rest of the counters) and blues and greens are totally my colors (with counters the color of cooked shrimp, blues and greens are about all that work ;)

boxes and mirror frames also make good test mosaic pieces- as do serving trays.

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 3:58PM
sandyhills1

Cover clay flowerpots or stepping stones,or the bottom of a concrete birdbath.cover wall area behind stove.hope this helps to get you thinking.

Bookmark   April 13, 2005 at 10:38PM
Judygardengal

I would cover anything for the garden whether it be a flower pot or a milk can. You could even cover a sculpture of an animal ie: rabbit or frog. Experiment you'll have fun doing it.

Bookmark   April 18, 2005 at 11:16PM
MagnoliaMommy

Thanks for all the great advice!
Shelia

Bookmark   April 19, 2005 at 10:41AM
More Discussions
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™