Follow up to my builder Aristokraft cabinet debate

kathryn77May 23, 2013

So, I just came from the design center. We ended up not going with either the saddle or the rouge. Too light, and too red, respectively. No offense to anyone who has them, they just weren't to my taste.

We ended up with the Landen maple in Umber, with the Giallo granite. I hope I like it. I hate making that kind of decision. Right now I have it with the wheat hardwood, but I'm considering going a shade darker, it looks really light in the pictures. In the picture it is the darker cabinet on the right.

Thanks so much to everyone who helped with my decision! I wish we could have taken more time with it, but the contract is pretty specific that we have to have it all decided in the 2 week period, which is up tomorrow.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathryn77

Oh, and the backsplash is a Rittenhouse glossy tile (subway tile? it looks like bricks) in Almond. I decided last minute I didn't want the ceramic.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 3:57PM
Holly- Kay

What a beautiful combo! I like this better than the saddle or the rouge. I like it with the lighter floor. You did a great job in choosing and I am so anxious to see it when it's done.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 4:04PM
teachertile

I think it will look great!!!

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 4:06PM
acheavacci

I think you made an excellent choice. Good luck with your new build. I hope you are enjoying the experience. Are you posting on the Building forum? I would love to see your updates. Our scheduled completion is June 18, 2013. It been almost a year long process. Some of the decisions were so long ago I can't even remember what I decided :)

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 4:21PM
kathryn77

Thanks so much for the feedback. I hope I'll love it. I haven't joined the Building forum, I didn't even know there was one. But I will. I hope they'll be done in 6 months, but I'm really just guessing

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 4:33PM
localeater

Oh, I love the umber that is going to be beautiful.

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 6:28PM
badgergal

Looks great. My neighbor has the same granite with similar color doors and it is a very nice combination. I think you should stick with the wheat color floor.
Good luck with the building process. I have gone through it twice and it is so much fun to watch everything come together. The only part that was I wouldn't want to do again is the landscapping. I would love to know how many rocks I picked and how many holes I dug for all the various plants, shrubs and trees that we planted

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 9:54PM
More Discussions
Quartz Countertop Color
We are going with quartz countertop for our kitchen...
kathy6421
Decorative frameless drawer fronts?
I'm building our kitchen with frameless cabinets and...
mushcreek
Freaky photo issue!
I just tried to start a new thread and attempted to...
debrak_2008
KitchenAid Mixer - Sea glass or azure blue
I'm having a tough time deciding between the Sea glass...
sillyk
Barker cabinets?
So who has Barker cabinets and would be willing to...
tigger9759
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™