aluminum flashing usage

myans-timeApril 15, 2009

I purchased some flashing for a craft project, that turned out to be not as easy as per instructions...but I only needed a small piece but store didn't sell it that way so now I have this large piece that I would like to use for another type craft. Does anyone have any ideas as to it's usage? No, I do not want to use it on my roof....lol.....would prefer to use it in a craft of some sort.

TIA

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
coloredthumb

I've used the aluminum flashing taken from the trash on home construction site to make pocket planters.
Cut a long strip fold the ends over each other so they hold onto each other (like folding 2 pieces of aluminum foil to make a larger sheet) press one of the open ends closed punch holes across the bottom thru both sides wire them together open up the upper end and round one side while flattening the back to hang against a wall, poke 2 holes into the flattened side make a wire loop for hanging. Fill with dirt and plant. you can also pattern the face by just hammering a design on the metal.
CT

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 10:54AM
TwoMonths

You can cut out shapes and attach to a pole for a plant marker...such as a rabbit, sun, moon, star. You can cut a circle and then cut it in a spiral to hang up in a tree or from a patio beam. You can wrap some around a pot.

Bookmark   April 15, 2009 at 6:22PM
leveta

coloredthumb is their anyway you could post pic's...

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 2:10PM
adellabedella_usa

I'm not sure if this is the same as aluminum flashing. I've seen the wavy tin that people used to use on tin roofs used in pictures. The person cut out wallpaper border and then applied it to a rectangle of tin and then added a wooden frame. It looked nice.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 9:48PM
nanatricia

There is a lot you can do I cut out flowers and pant themput a wire in it and use it in some tipsy pot we live where it is real hot.I ust suclant then the littl flower.I have seen big geugo I am talking 3 feet long.She panted them they are so neat.You can cut out butterflys the same way.The list gos on.Have fun.

Bookmark   April 16, 2009 at 10:37PM
lydia1959

I've seen it used as a backsplash - great for magnetized spice containers!

Below is an idea for someone who has a lot. A very cool privacy fence!

Here is a link that might be useful: Privacy fence

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 9:28AM
leveta

wow that is neat...

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 1:59PM
coloredthumb

Im sorry I don't have any pics of the wall planters since my old desk top died. I haven't got any more of them around to take a photo. They were gifts and donations to several charity events.
WOW awesome fence.

On another note
Aluminum is not magnetic. Tin flashing is but it rusts really fast so i really don't think it would make a good back splash. Stainless steel sheets have been used for the magnetic back splash. That stuff is expensive.
CT

Bookmark   April 17, 2009 at 10:39PM
More Discussions
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™