what to do with two antique dressers

mojojojogrlnjApril 16, 2007

one dresser is high one is long but sadly no drawers in either....any ideas what I could make out of these two beautiful pieces?

also anyone have and idea on pricing for a gorgeous antique couch (amazing scrolled wood for arms and bottom, but it would need to be totally redone cushion wise to be reapolstered....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mojojojogrlnj

forgot to add the dressers are not square front, they kinda have a curve to them....

Here is a link that might be useful: elegant relic

Bookmark   April 16, 2007 at 9:22AM
thrift_shop_romantic

I'm wondering if the lower one could be made into a sink cabinet/vanity by putting fake drawer facades over the places where the drawers were, and cutting an area for sink installation...

The higher one-- is there any way to fill the areas with drawer sized wire or wicker baskets, to use for office supplies?

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Bookmark   April 16, 2007 at 10:33AM
brownthumbgirl

I found an old dresser with no drawers so I made a potting bench out of it. I framed chicken wire for the doors and I cut out were the drawers should be and I have a great potting bench that holds all my garden tools, potting soil, pots and more.

Bookmark   April 16, 2007 at 2:11PM
kudzukween

On the garden junk someone posted a potting bench they saw somewhere,just beautiful( maybe it was a couple of them) anyway,it was a base,and old windows used for doors,and and old sink set in the top( I think the top was mosaiced?) I believe one had an old pink bathroom sink set in the top,and one had an old green bathroom sink,and they had a sort of shabby chic look to them. You could use the dresser as the base.

well I found the post,but the pics are gone,sorry! and they were great,too!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg0507301127088.html

Bookmark   April 16, 2007 at 7:01PM
iowajewel

I have seen a baby's changing table made with one. They added "rails" around the edge and then put baskets in the drawer spaces for diapers, clean clothes and toiletries. Was painted really cute too. I will try to find the pictures I saw.

Just something I ran across looking for ideas for my new grandbaby!
Julie

Bookmark   April 17, 2007 at 10:32AM
mojojojogrlnj

http://www.vanitiesofyesteryear.com/store/

i did find one photo here my dresser looks like the one that is curved but like i said without drawers....do you think wicker baskets would look okay even with the curved front? thanks for all the ideas keep them coming...

Here is a link that might be useful: Elegant relic

Bookmark   April 18, 2007 at 7:28AM
danaoh

Are you trying to sell us items? This looks like spam -

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 9:28AM
mojojojogrlnj

no and why would you say that? Ive been a member here forever....i got two old dressers and Im wondering how to do something with them...just because i put my web page on here dont mean im selling in here its an option to look at my page and Im not the only one who does this...

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 2:58PM
mojojojogrlnj

oh and to add the web site i typed out was just showing what my one dresser looks like...that is not my page...

Bookmark   April 19, 2007 at 3:03PM
sweets98

Can you put boards in the bottom of the holes for the drawers to make a book shelf? I have my TV on a dresser and you could do that and fill the shelves with movies and what not?

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 8:11AM
thrift_shop_romantic

Hi Mojo,

I think the confusion over the spam issue is simply that the link goes to a site where, at least, I am not seeing the dresser you're talking about. It's a main web site page, and I even tried digging around but couldn't find furniture on it. (It's early and maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in, but...) So I think that might be why folks are interpreting your message differently than you intended.

I honestly don't know how a curved dresser would look with straight wicker baskets in it. It might be worth an investment of one inexpensive one to give it a try.

--Jenn

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 8:32AM
anjabee

Hey Mojo~ I saw the dresser down at the bottom of the page. I really like the old sewing machine turned into a sink. Very cool.
If you go to this page there are instructions on how to turn a dresser into a tv cabinet. Hope you'll post pics of whatever you decide to do with them. ~Anj

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/77894/turn_your_vintage_dresser_into_a_tv.html

Bookmark   April 20, 2007 at 5:22PM
mojojojogrlnj

I like the idea of the tv stand for the tall dresser....right now my dressers are in storage but hopefully will do that this summer....i will def post pics....

Bookmark   April 22, 2007 at 6:38AM
More Discussions
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
bbtexan
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Sponsored Products
Spot on Square | Eicho Dresser/Changing Table
YLiving.com
Metallic Ring Holder
$129.50 | FRONTGATE
Copeland Furniture | Moduluxe 35-Inch Platform Bed with Clapboard Headboard
YLiving.com
Freedom Bed In Natural Leather
| Italy Design
Hampton Chest - HM003
Hayneedle