Latest butterfly

silvamaeApril 9, 2012

Hi all. This board is slower than molasses nowadays; what are y'all working on? I just finished four small projects, all featuring butterflies. Click below to see one of them, a butterfly on mesh, 12 inches x 12 inches, leaving today to fly to Wisconsin. I will post pictures of the others soon. Two are wall hangings and one is a pitcher.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog - latest butterfly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
toomuchglass

I'm 10 minutes away from the airport ! Where are you headed ? Wave to me when you fly over my house :)

It has been slow here - I'm imagining a whole lotta spring cleaning going on ! I'm working at my peacock - slow but sure. I'm making it as I go and I'm stumped right now . I have to paint a pink flamingo for a forum friend this week. Other than that, I'm just chugging along ...........
What about everyone else ?

Bookmark   April 9, 2012 at 2:27PM
murraysmom Zone 6 OH

Silva, I love your butterfly. It's beautiful!! Such an inspiration to me as a beginner.

I know I'm new at mosaics, but my current project is using clear dinner plates.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 6:01PM
texaswild

I've just returned home from a week's visit w/my daughter in Dallas. While there we were too busy for me to even think of the computer. Pretty work, SILVA, and the same to you MURRAYS. I may be getting back to work in a couple days - have missed it.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 6:13PM
Calamity_J

Cute butterfly! Way to use that plate!!! Love the textured edge! Im still fighting crappy silicone on the GOG I'm doing...arg!

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 8:04PM
nanatricia

Love the BF .I have had a lot going on and have been doing other things but am getting antsy .Oh what will be next?

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 10:17PM
freedomfe

Great work, I aspire to be as good as you one day!

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 11:08PM
ernie85017

Seeing your garden totem made me realize I can salvage the clear glass totem I made by mosaic-ing it. Did you use opaque or clear stained glass? Or is that stained glass?
Eeryone makes such beautiful things here.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 12:42AM
silvamae

Ernie, all the stained glass I used on the totem is translucent. Not cathedral, not opaque. I wanted the light to shine through every piece. I used GE silicone II clear for the adhesive.

Bookmark   April 13, 2012 at 7:23AM
More Discussions
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
Outdoor Thermometer
Did this to go on our porch next to the kitchen door....
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™