Don't get too near me and my spray Rustoleum!

lucilleMarch 30, 2013

You might get redecorated :)

Today I sprayed an old clay urn with Maui Blue, it looks terrific. And I had this old chair in the garage, a resin swivel chair, ugly scratched brown. I primed it, sprayed it Candy Apple Red, and ordered some matching poppy fabric to recover the seat.

Just a few pops of color can make a difference. I like my living room and all, but I just wanted to change and put a little zip in it
. Found red sofa/loveseat slipcovers on Ebay, a poppy pillow, and now the Rustoleum. And looking for some poppy posters.
Total outlay that is making a real difference, $200 including the wonderful Rustoleum.

Next I'm going to redo my old blackish-brown metal patio set. Rustoleum 'Fern' and some of the Maui Blue.

I can't believe what a difference it makes and how fun it is.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

Oh yes, I have a bunch of stuff needing some of that spray paint too. Seat of tractor style bench for garden, some metal palm trees that need something special, Couple of galvanized cans that need help, some wrought iron fence pieces that are faded, So much happening & so little time. Sounds like you are going to have a great looking redo, post a pic when you are finished!

Bookmark   March 31, 2013 at 6:28PM
mjowest

Yes! today was above 50 degrees for the first time in MONTHS- I am spray painting anything that doesn't move fast enough!

Bookmark   April 4, 2013 at 9:49PM
toxcrusadr

Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer is great stuff. Long as you get the loose rust off, you don't have to sand all the way down to bare metal for it to stick. Then you can paint with more spray paint or, whatever.

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 4:00PM
lucille

I just use regular Rustoleum on stuff made of wood.

This post was edited by lucille on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 10:19

Bookmark   April 9, 2013 at 10:34PM
concretenprimroses

Spray paint is a lot of fun isn't it? I have some wicker chairs that I bought 35 years ago at Kings Dept store. I am still using and painting them. I think this year bright blue!
Kathy

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 5:57PM
More Discussions
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirl
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™