Repurpose bed frame?

capnbeckiMarch 21, 2007

I have a metal-painted-like-wood bed frame that is VERY old and was passed down from my great-great-grandmother. I love it, but it is too small. The head and footboards are held together with metal posts that are hammered into joints on the frame, and there are wheels on the bottom of the headboard and footboard. Is there any way to repurpose this? I have no room to put it elsewhere. I was thinking of getting a plain frame and maybe still using the headboard somehow, but if there were a way to be more creative with it, I'd love to hear any ideas. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Carol_from_ny

Your bed frame is a antique. I have two that are similar in description but are larger. Have you thought about making it into a sofa for on a covered back porch? Add some large pillows. It could make a great place for an afternoon nap or a nice place to curl up and read on a too hot day.

Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 3:03PM
haziemoon

Have you seen the benches made from old bed frames in the Garden Junk forum?

Hazie

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 10:32AM
carolssis

I just saw a new use for old head boards, and foot boards. One Decorating Cents, they used an old frame for the top and sides of an arbor. Head was on top of two big square posts, with sides made from foot. Maybe you could fashion something similar.

Bookmark   March 28, 2007 at 8:38AM
More Discussions
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™