Frosty Carrina counters and White Cabinets - NessaB?

JoyzKitchenMay 21, 2013

I am a little nervous doing a white on white kitchen. I want to make sure I get the colors right. I am considering frosty carrina counters with white kitchen cabinets. Does anyone have that combination? If so, please let me know the paint color of your cabinets and what you decided to do for a backsplash. Pictures would be great! Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
JAM_SF

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 4:27PM
JAM_SF

HI Joyz... I am also trying to figure out my counters and I purchased two samples of the new marble look alikes, Frosty Carrina is REALLY light, a creamy white with very soft veins, and London grey is definately more of a contrast. I also saw Frosty Carrina installed in a kitchen showroom locally, and from the door it looks all white, only when you get up to it does it have any pattern, it is very subtle.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 4:31PM
JoyzKitchen

Hi Jam_SF,
Are you planning to do white cabinets? What do you have in mind for a backsplash?

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 7:58PM
JAM_SF

Hi
I'm doing white shaker perimeter with pebble caesarstone, and my island is brownish gray and I'm struggling to figure out what to do on island counter. For backsplash, I really like AKDOs heavy rain in marble. I like the neutral colors in the marble. But I love glass too. I searched through houzz to see backsplash that I liked. I like how the marble looks with pebble.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 8:38PM
Doba

Joyzkitchen - I have white cabinets and will have my FC counters installed Friday. Yes, it is light with subtle veining. That is exactly what I wanted for my kitchen. The color will come in through the paint, backsplash or fabric on the windows. You may or may not want more of a contrast. I am really looking forward to the the end of the week and love the FC.

Bookmark   May 27, 2013 at 10:32PM
JoyzKitchen

Doba -- That is very exciting. I would love to see pictures when your FC is installed. I am going with a white on white kitchen. I have white shaker cabinets with a dark stained island. I am planning on using a white marble mini subway backsplash. I am still debating if I should go with the marble counters or the FC. What color are your cabinets? I am going with BM Swiss Coffee. T

Bookmark   May 28, 2013 at 3:45PM
Doba

Sorry JoyzKitchen, I have been away and didn't see the post until today. The FC is installed, but no pics yet because the contractor has covered everything since they are still doing a lot of work. It is very "light" and "clean" looking and I love it . I plan to bring in a little more depth/color with the backsplash and paint. That is why everything is covered up now. If you are still deciding and really need to see a small section of the counter top I can remove a little bit and take a photo. Let me know.

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 9:08AM
blackchamois

Doba and others - any pictures of your Frosty Carrina? Please share links to your "finished" kitchens!!

Bookmark   October 19, 2013 at 5:54PM
LIMOMMYOF2

Yes photos please if your counters are in - pretty please!!!!

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 8:19PM
Doba

Here it is...

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 9:07PM
Doba

I wanted to say that we love the FC so much we put it in our MB too. It is indestructable. I really mean it. Looks brand new every day. I am a big baker and roll out dough on the counter too. Works beautifully.

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 9:11PM
susanlynn2012

The Frosty Carrina Counters are beautiful!

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 10:48PM
romy718

Beautiful kitchen!

Bookmark   May 7, 2014 at 11:24PM
LIMOMMYOF2

Thanks so much for posting - it's FAB-U-LOUS!!!! That's the look I was going for, but after etching both marble AND three different types of quartzite, I realize that I don't want to be a slave to the kitchen counter or worry when the kids have friends over - (otherwise I'd be "that" mother . . . ) I've looked at all the marblesque quartzes and they all look really artificial. The Frosty Carrina is pretty in its own right, and if it's bulletproof, then I'm sold. Just got to see if it falls within budget.

If you don't mind me asking, how did the price compare to say marble or quartzite if you shopped for any of them?

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:08AM
Doba

It can be pricier, but I don't know what type of marble you were looking at. Please consider the fact that you will NEVER have to reseal this stone. You can clean it with anything...soap, windex, antibac wipes, etc., etc.,....
I have seen coffee or orange juice stains that have been sitting overnight. Comes right off. Still in love with it and we just finished our MB. Used it in the shower (bench), countertop, and all trim/threshold pieces. When I showed a friend who lives in Florida my bathroom, she laughed and sent me her pics. She had also used FC.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:30AM
Doba

just noticed I posted a photo without the potfiller installed incase anyone is wondering what the metal protrusion is above the stovetop in the tile.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:32AM
LIMOMMYOF2

My husband drew on the FC with a sharpie and it came off with some soft scrub! Anything left on it came off with Windex - except tabasco, and again the soft scrub did the trick so as far as durability and practicality it wins hands down. Thanks again for posting the pic; it's so helpful to see how the elements all come together.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 8:35AM
Doba

Would love to see your finished kitchen.

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 2:31PM
romy718

Doba- would love to see more of your kitchen & details. Did you do a reveal I missed?

Bookmark   May 8, 2014 at 7:53PM
Doba

I never did the reveal. I don't mind answering specific questions if you have them.

Bookmark   May 9, 2014 at 11:08PM
romy718

There was another poster asking about white cabinet color to go with Frosty Carrina. I thought you had used Simply White for your cabinets.
Also, what is your backsplash material? Very pretty. It's similar to the tile I used.
Again, lovely kitchen!

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 12:04AM
Doba

I did use BM Simply White. Tiles are Sonoma Tile makers hand glazed.

Bookmark   May 10, 2014 at 5:40PM
LAdancer

Hi, can you tell me more specifically what the backsplash and where you purchased them? I live in Los Angeles. I am having a hard time finding a backsplash to go with Frosty Carrina. Thank you!

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 2:12AM
Doba

It's Sonoma Tile "Bossy Grey". They come in many size options, but ours is the 2x8. They really go well with the counter top. I get asked about them all the time. Alternatively, I know someone that used 3x6 glass tiles in a bluish color and they look great too.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 8:14AM
Linelle

I have dark gray Caesarstone and my fabricator/installer told me NOT to use Windex. Maybe the ammonia? After two years of nothing but water + Dawn, I'm using Method on it.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:15AM
LAdancer

Doba, thanks for the information. I looked online for Sonoma Tile and I think I have a location to see the "Bossy Grey." I love your backsplash. Did you use a specific Santa Monica or Los Angeles location to find the tile? I'd love to know. I'm going a little crazy moving around to tile centers!

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 10:52AM
Doba

I have been using Method too because it smells so nice. Call Sonoma directly and see where they sell it. I am not in CA. I am in the DC area.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 11:32AM
renov8r

I am excited to see FC - so pretty. That is what I have chosen with cloud white and navy island.

Bookmark   May 31, 2014 at 11:51AM
Mags438

Doba, beautiful kitchen and love those tiles!

Bookmark   June 1, 2014 at 6:20AM
Doba

Thank you. Also, renov8r please post your kitchen photos when you have them.

Bookmark   June 1, 2014 at 8:46AM
More Discussions
help with kitchen layout
Thoughts on this kitchen layout? What do you think...
Leigh-Ann Draheim
soapstone sinks
We are considering installing a soapstone farmhouse...
arch123
General Contractor bid excessive?
I'm doing a forced remodel due to a flood and handling...
beachem
Alternate granite idea to replace Cambrian black I had been planning?
My DH is killing me. We are doing white cabinets and...
happyallison
How to deal with high contractor bids based on your location?
In a way, I'm echoing what beachem is saying about...
andyscott
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™