Out of the mouths of babes....

sistersunnieMarch 26, 2007

my youngest daughter said to me as I left for the dump yesterday..."Mom Dont bring anything home!"

But I couldnt help myself! Two really great wooden windows, 9 panes(intact) with brass latches. An old wooden bird house, and one unidentified wooden item...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
goldenpond

Hee Hee HEE! Reminds me of something my son said as a teen. I had gotten some goodies at Auction and he began quizzing about why the son had sold his mothers possessions.I said "Well, basically when the parents die the kids have to decide what to do with all their parents stuff."
His eyes got HUGE as he scanned my totally cluttered corners and moaned "OHHH NO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O!

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 12:49PM
sistersunnie

She never has a problem when she is the recieptant of the finished product however!

Bookmark   March 26, 2007 at 1:47PM
thrift_shop_romantic

HA! Oh, I was ONE of those kids, I'm afraid! My dad's work assistant even knew my father's penchant for taking things home that no one else wanted. So when a coworker came down with a bit of old equipment and asked my dad's assistant if he'd want it, she just laughed and said, "He'll want it. He wants everything."

I don't recall what he ended up using it for, but he did use it.

Find consolation, Sistersunnie, in knowing someday your kids will think fondly on it all. I know now that Dad wouldn't be Dad without it. :-)

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

Bookmark   March 27, 2007 at 2:33PM
More Discussions
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
tin can angel
I got the idea from pinterest isnt she cute
patchesandbows
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™