entertaining

piper1014November 5, 2006

We had lunch today at the charming small home of a friend. There were 12 people. Since the house is less than 750 sq. ft., everyone couldn't be in the same room at the same time, but we made do, moving back and forth from the kitchen (with a tiny eating area) to the living room. We had a wonderful time -- lots of laughter and good food. People who are blessed with the gift of hospitality aren't limited -- maybe challenged, but not limited -- by their small spaces. :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mickeysmate

The joy of having a small home is that there is no place for anyone to hide! I think it is wonderful that everyone adjusted to the situation & had fun.

This reminds me that I have about 100 people on the list for my daughter's graduation party in June. I am not sure where I am going to put everyone. I guess I could pray for no rain & rent a tent for the backyard. Any suggestions would be helpful!

Bookmark   November 5, 2006 at 6:31PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrsmarv

Piper ~ you've made some good points about entertaining in smaller houses. We're hosting Thanksgiving dinner and are expecting between 6 and 8 people. Since we don't have a separate dining room and there's limited space in the eat-in area of the kitchen, we've decided to move the table out to the living room. We have a beautiful fireplace and I know everyone will enjoy eating in front of the fire...as long as DH doesn't make one of his roaring ones! It can be a challenge, but we love to entertain and are always happy when we have the opportunity, especially for a holiday.

Bookmark   November 6, 2006 at 8:37AM
More Discussions
Family of 5 into 1500 sq ft
Hello! I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been...
pinkpanther5
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
pyreneesparent
Please, please show me your tiny bathroom
I would really like to see anything in the 30 square...
movinginva
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
kitykat
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™