Guess what? I just discovered.....

Garden_MommaMarch 3, 2005

I just discovered what I may do with my own throw away fan..Or two...I will paint it a flower color or maybe psychedelic color (at one of my kids suggestion) as a yard deco....Thanks to you all here for getting my mind going...and making good use of what can be.....1st time posting...can you tell???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedlesmom

I could just kick myself. I got a retro turquoise green fan from my Dad's junk pile. DH fixed so it ran for a month or so before the motor died. Anyhow, once it died, DH looked at me and said, don't even think about keeping it, it's going in the trash. I shoulda snuck it out of the trash and dismantled it. Those fan blades were cool........
Sheree

Bookmark   March 3, 2005 at 8:40AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
minicrazy

Garden Momma, I am making a whirlygig out of mine. I just posted about this over on Garden Junk. I have a stand fan that the only part that won't be used is the motor. The 2 grids will be birdfeeders and a hanging basket, the base will be a table base for a flower stand, and the fan blades will be the whirlygig.

Now I'm kicking myself, I had a small personal sized fan that burned out a couple of months ago. I could have used those blades as a flower decoration! dang it!

BTW, hi, it's nice to be back on the T2T forum. I posted here months ago before my move, and got so snowed under with life stuff that I hadn't had a chance to post before now.

Bookmark   March 3, 2005 at 9:51AM
More Discussions
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™