Spoon rack to what? Ideas?

lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PAFebruary 16, 2011

Before I donate my spoon rack and spoons, I was wondering if there was anything creative I could do with it. Searched the Internet, but I didn't find anything. I need more space for my necklaces to hang, so I guess I could use it for that, but if someone has a better idea, I'd love to hear it! :)

I can try and post a picture tomorrow. It's buried in my garage, so I'll need to dig it out first.

Thanks,

Alicia

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
leveta

Id like to see a pic...

Bookmark   February 22, 2011 at 5:36PM
txcountrygal

I'm not quite sure what a spoon rack looks like, but could it be altered to use as a key rack by adding hooks? And, I've seen spoons made into really cute rings as jewelry, or even key ring fobs.. Would love to see a pic!

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 12:19AM
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA

Okay. I'll try to put a picture in. I finally went out to my garage and dug it out, dusted it, and here it is..... :)

Here is a link that might be useful:

Bookmark   February 27, 2011 at 12:39AM
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA

Has anyone made spoons into key fobs? I thought that may be something I can do with the spoons??? But how do you cut the spoon part away from the handle, and then bend it to where it looks nice? I'll end up messing it all up to where it looks like it got stuck in my garbage disposal! :)

Alicia

Bookmark   March 1, 2011 at 7:44PM
concretenprimroses

I just saw a rack with spoons very similar yesterday at a local thrift store for $25!!
I don't know if it will sell. I think it would be nicer as a spoon rack if it was painted and then prints of post cards decoupaged on it, ones that related to where the spoons are from.

I think the spoons would make great key fobs too. Could the spoon holders support little shelves? It has a nice shape and could be converted to a nicknak shelf. Or black board paint to make a message center, ridges could hold the chalk.
Kathy

Bookmark   March 2, 2011 at 7:15AM
lady_alicia Zone 5/6 PA

I like the blackboard idea! I have a laundry room I'm trying to decorate a little, so I was trying to think of something for in there. Maybe the blackboard would work well and I could write laundry-type sayings on it like you see on signs nowadays. I'll keep it with all of my other stuff waiting to become treasures and figure something out. I think I'll make a key fob out of one of the spoons and see how that goes.

I'll post a pic eventually! Thanks for all of the ideas.

Alicia

Bookmark   March 5, 2011 at 8:03AM
More Discussions
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
wedding dress?
ok, i have a wedding dress. it's quite huge, as most...
beckerster
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
Sponsored Products
Stainless Steel Salad Servers
$29.99 | Dot & Bo
Justice Design Group FSN-8911 - Capellini 1 Light Wall Sconce - Cylinder with Fl
$198.00 | Hayneedle
Serena & Lily Linen Stripe Window Panel
Serena & Lily
Blue Rhino Outdoor Gas Grill
Overstock.com
Breville Slow Cooker with EasySearâ„¢
$129.95 | FRONTGATE
Johnny Tractor & Friends Dish Set
$11.99 | zulily
Stainless Steel Tasting Spoon Display
$249.95 | FRONTGATE
Shires Equestrian Saddle Stand - 978C-ONE