Best site to make a floor plan?

gale1965May 25, 2013

I want to make a floor plan for a kitchen for review but I haven't had much luck with floorplanner.com, ikea.com or homestyler.com. Is there a site for dummies?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kirkhall

A favorite on this forum is to use Google sketchup. But, if you are having trouble with floorplanner or ikea, I'm not sure you'll have a lot of luck with sketchup either.

But, you might be able to post your graph paper plan in this forum and kindly get help from someone who does use those programs well...

This post was edited by kirkhall on Sat, May 25, 13 at 15:39

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 3:38PM
gale1965

Thanks. I posted them in another ongoing thread and didn't get any replies after that but I will start a new thread with them.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 3:48PM
heleneglucksman

Hi Gale
Just found floorplanner.com, great site. Really to be used for an entire house plan, but you could use it just for an individual room. It wasn't too hard after a bit of trial & error and has very nice support people who fixed some errors I had made. You can also see your design in both 2D & 3D. The first project is free, after that you need to subscribe.
Helene

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 10:04PM
JerryNC

For kitchen only plans, the tool at NKBA.ORG works good.

http://www.nkba.org/VirtualPlanningTool.aspx

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 11:02PM
liriodendron

Graph paper, a straight edge and a dark, fine, pen are wonderful tools.(Extra fine Sharpies are good to go over intial, sketched-in pencil lines.)

Get help with accurate wall/room measurements, get the outline on graph paper and sketch away. When you have something you want to share, take a pic of it, post it to Photobucket and then add it to the thread.

Easy-peasey and no technical (electronic or drawing) skills needed.

You can d/l graph paper to your printer, if you need it and the stores are closed. Just Google it.

Graph paper has an added advantage over a computer diagram in that the grid makes it easy to quickly evaluate the dimensions on interior aisles within the plan. That's even more important than how you arrange the elements along the exterior walls. It also helps you get real about any islands that are flitting about in your mind's eye.

HTH

L>.

Bookmark   May 25, 2013 at 11:14PM
gale1965

I'm going to redo my graph paper one with a straight edge. But I did get the NKBA one to work for me in Chrome (wouldn't load in firefox) and it's very eye-opening to see it in 3d. I see things that might need changing that were not evident on a flat piece of paper.

Bookmark   May 26, 2013 at 2:18AM
More Discussions
Large cove moulding?
I am looking for large cove moulding. I can't find...
brodyt
Need advice on how to remodel this corner of kitchen
Hi all Just purchased a home and does not have budget...
strikeraj
WAC vs. Seagull vs. Kichler or what else - "best" LED UCL
can someone please help/advise i feel like a fish out...
lmgch
Can you look at my kitchen layout and tell me what I'm missing?
Sorry I posted this once previously, but I wanted to...
happyallison
Help with galley kitchen layout ... please.
Hi everyone! I am hoping you can help me with my layout...
ybchat67
Sponsored Products
WS Bath Collections Madera M4 72 Inch Modern Wood Freestanding Tub - MADERA M4-W
Hayneedle
Tiffany Style Light Pendant Light
Overstock.com
Sunshine Groove Wool Rug
$39.99 | zulily
Madison Park Bridgette Floral-pattern Cotton 7-piece Comforter Set
Overstock.com
Foscarini | Kite Wall Sconce
$595.00 | YLighting
Crystal Bakehouse Two-Light Wall Sconce in Bronze Finish with Handcrafted, Polis
Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™