Slipcovers vs. buying new furniture

sherman01February 3, 2011

Slipcovers or buy new furniture? I am remodeling my family room. We put new floors and painted. I didnt have much extra to be spending on new furniture. I recently purchased slipcovers to change the look of my furniture. I purchased the stretch fabric. I love the nice snug fit. I think it looks pretty! What do you all think about slipcovers? I bought mine from Sure Fit. The fabric is nice, thick quality. Here's what I chose... http://bit.ly/fLRS6n What do you think?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

I think slipcovers are great for when kids are young as easy to wash. Save your money for other things. Does sound a bit like you are selling slipcovers & that isn't allowed!

Bookmark   February 4, 2011 at 1:00AM
lydia1959

I HATE stretch slipcovers... they never stay put! On the other hand.. custom made slipcovers are wonderful, especially if they can be machine washed. Unless you can make them yourself, they are not cheap. If you were limited on funds I'd suggest just buying a nice used sofa on Craigslist.

If you are happy with your Surefit covers then that's great! I have 2 sofas and a loveseat that are all slipcovered with custom covers, I tried the Surefit on a recliner... but it drove me nuts. :)

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 5:19PM
karmstrn

I've been researching cheap decorating ideas and tips, and using slipcovers instead of buying new furniture is one that I have come across many times. It sounds like they're working for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: cheap decorating

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
New Bud Platinum...It's the bottle...!!!
I don't post here but I thought you guys would appreciate...
forboystoo
How to remove labels from glass bottles
I bought some pretty perfume bottles at a garage sale...
phish_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™