Kitchen remodeling

veggieloverFebruary 21, 2005

When we moved into our house a few years ago, The kitchen still had its original appliances. A double wall oven, a cooktop that someone had taken to a Auto body shop and had painted white, (eventually the avocado green started coming through) a cream colored formica countertop, and just a regular two bin sink.

Last week our new countertop, and appliances were installed, and all the old stuff is outside waiting to go to the dump. The only thing that the installers were supposed to take with them was the old countertop, which they told me was going into a dumpster. I asked them to leave me one half of the old countertop. I was thinking of making some sort of potting bench for porch.

Anyhow, My question is this, anyone have any ideas on what I can do with the sink? It's stainless steel, and about 33 inches wide. I dont think that I would use it for the actual bench itself, but maybe there is somewhere else I can put it to good use.

Thank you :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veggielover

Oh I almost forgot!

Does anyone have any ideas on a nice backsplash for behind the new cooktop? I still have some old formica to cover up. The new counter top is http://www.avanzausa.com/selections/colors.aspx?id=/images/chips_400/Slate.jpg

Appliances and cabinets are white. I will see if I can get the hubby to post a picture for me.

Bookmark   February 21, 2005 at 3:32PM
deedlesmom

I've seen pictures of potting benches with sinks in them. They were attached to a hose from the outside water faucet on the house. Of course, you only get cold water, but it's still a great idea.
Sheree

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 12:22PM
desertrat1

I LOVE the countertop that you chose! BUT, I 2nd Sheree's motion...Have the sink in the countertop table. For the catch basin just use a 5 gal. bucket. What about a pewter colored blacksplash- tile or a custom fit? Your kitchen sounds so light and airy! HAve fun with your projects!

Love, Jules

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 1:11PM
More Discussions
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
ISO...Silverplate silverware
I'm looking for anyone that might have silverplate...
leveta
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™