What can I do with these?

edie3February 17, 2013

These were given to me by a retired salesman. I think they are samples from furniture finishes. I have tons! Some even have plants and leaves embedded in them. These are 4"x7". Other designs are smaller. Of course my husband doesn't understand why I want to keep them!

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sunnyca_gw

4x7 what? cloth, wood ,metal? Some kind of tiles? Do you have a pic? Sound like wood but don't know how you would embed leaves in it. resin maybe? We need ore info! Thanks, Jan

Bookmark   February 17, 2013 at 6:33PM
edie3

I thought I had posted a photo. What is the best way to post a photo on this site?

The samples are thin plastic,about the thickness of a playing card.

Let me try another upload.

Bookmark   February 18, 2013 at 8:30PM
karen64

I would have kept them too, I see potential!! Have you trolled around etsy?? I can lose an entire afternoon getting inspiration from some truly creative people on there! Hmmm, if they can be cut with some tool (dremmel?) and/or if you can write on them or emboss/engrave on them, I see plant tags, gift tags or card making ingredient.

Bookmark   March 22, 2013 at 11:52AM
Houseofsticks

Cut and drill holes then attach together loosely with jump rings and hang in window or mobile:)

Bookmark   March 24, 2013 at 1:03PM
carolssis

they look to me like counter top finish samples. How about drilling holes at the corners, find large jump rings, and hook them together to make a "curtain" since you have so many, to cover a door way or window.

Bookmark   April 3, 2013 at 11:04PM
stanlie_gw

How about coasters.
Cut to size then glue cork on the back.

Glue to inside of a flat tray. Simple squares or you could do a design with birds and flowers or what ever else strikes your fancy.

Could also do same but use a picture frame and add a wood back and then add side handles to make a tray.

Or you could just do a mosaic and frame it.

Bookmark   June 13, 2013 at 1:16AM
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska

Could you glue to stepping stones? They would make a wonderful mosaic design as a walking path through your garden and as vinyl pieces they would hold up well, even in your zone. They wouldn't last forever, but nothing does. Whatever you do they'll need backing of some kind. It's probably pretty thin stuff. They are so pretty. If you have sharp shears cut up the pieces and glue inside an old bird bath in a mosaic pattern. Would make great outside art, too.

Bookmark   March 7, 2014 at 11:35AM
concretenprimroses

I don't know how cutable they are or how sharp they would be but I see groovy house numbers!
Kathy

Bookmark   March 8, 2014 at 9:47AM
Prestonsnana

They look like countertop laminate (Formica) samples. Here's a pic of a mural my daughter made using these samples. She cut them with a scroll saw and glued them to a wood board, then grouted them with tile grout. It's held up outdoors for about 5 years, though it is under an overhang, so is somewhat protected from the weather.

Bookmark   June 3, 2014 at 1:58PM
More Discussions
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
Sponsored Products
Outdoor Lighting. LV36VRD Landscape Lighting Spot Light Low Voltage (12V) Die Ca
Home Depot
Eastwood Leather Ottoman - Brighton Aubergine Purple
Joybird Furniture
Nala Antique Silver Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Textured Lines Rug 10' x 14' - LIGHT BLUE
$4,599.00 | Horchow
Nanimarquina | Flying Carpet Rug
YLiving.com
Justice Design Group GLA-8815 - Pendants 1 Light Mini Pendant - Square Flared Sh
$187.20 | Hayneedle
Homelegance Hanna CPU 3-Drawer Cabinet in White
Beyond Stores
Spiral Martini Tumblers
Classic Hostess
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™