Defintely trash!

patty_cakesFebruary 27, 2006

I don't know if any of you have bought a new dryer recently, but a couple of years ago when I had mine delivered in the box, I didn't realize there was also a treasure 'waiting to happen'. To keep the dryer from moving(I guess!)they used heavy pieces of curved cardboard that looked like crown moulding. Being the 'saver-of-junk' that I am, of course I saved them. When I was re-doing my PR a couple of year ago, I wanted to frame out my builders grade mirror, so painted this stuff gold, and hung it around the mirror using finishing nails. It's much more dimensional than crown, and thicker, also. Color me a silly! ;o)

patty_cakes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
LorettaF

Pictures please!

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 12:39AM
des_arc_ya_ya

OOOh! That sounds neat and innovative! Yes, photo, please.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 2:11PM
pesky1

Silly, no...creative DEFINITELY. I'd LOVE to see pix. Might inspire me to gather up all kinds of packing materials..hahaha.

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 2:41PM
patty_cakes

Thanks everyone! Hope you can view my album. You might not recognize the PR as there is a drapery swag over the mirror, but you can see the packing material up close. You don't think i've gone over-the-top in here, do you? LOL LOL ;o)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134408447&mode=guest

patty_cakes

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 3:14PM
pesky1

Pattycakes, I LOVE your place. It's decorated much like my house. The mirror frame turned out great! I used that stuff once for stuffing in a valance. I only had the skinny curtain rods, and the valance had deep pockets, so the packing material slipped over the rods perfectly and I got the look I was after.

Bookmark   March 16, 2006 at 6:41PM
Jamie

It's wonderful. I also love the shallow black ledges with the books facing out, and your many other wall ideas. So clever.

Bookmark   March 19, 2006 at 4:12PM
More Discussions
making glass bird bath
found a heavy glass serving bowl. I want to attach...
lily603
Need advice on what to do with this desk!
I got this beast of a beauty at a thrift store for...
todds_sweetpea
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
church windows
need ideas.....
vic447
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™