Rumford looking propane fireplace...

dsummaNovember 21, 2008

Hello All,

I'm looking for a rumford style propane gas fireplace box. My carpenter will build the frame, etc. Does anyone know of a good quality, realistic looking one that vents and has a blower system? Perhaps one on the smaller size too. I know I'm asking ALOT, but I can't seem to find anything by surfing the 'net.

Most gratefully,


Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

And I guess no one else can either.

    Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 5:59AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Well Lucy, I did find one eventually. The only one actually. And it has a wonderful option called a "cool touch" that sends the heat up the chimney if one rathers have it just for looks. It would be perfect except it's too big for my home and I'd need to find a bank to rob to pay for it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rumford gas fp

    Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 10:02AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

Thanks for posting that dsumma, I'd like to change out our ventless for one.

    Bookmark   December 1, 2008 at 11:31AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
Mama Goose - a question?
Hi Mama, I saw in one of your posts that you have painted...
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
Artistry of home construction
When MamaGoose explained the concept of the Construction...
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™