Daiseyme!

Calamity_JMarch 2, 2009

Sooo...what's your first project gonna be now that you are back? Did you score mega goodies while you were down there? Anymore blue bottles???

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daisyme

Ha! Well, in the next ten days we have to pack up my DH's sister's house and move her, THEN I'll be able to think about a mosaic project. Wow, with all the wonderful tess that you and Klinger and Slo brought me that's so different than I've had to work with before, it'll be really fun to do something different.

I brought back 100 or so of these tile pieces we were finding on the beach and went to the hardware store (where you got all greased up)and bought some of these great iron pieces. IF anyone has an idea of how to clean up the rust and use this iron, would you let me know? I also FOUND another blue bottle the day after you left on a post right outside your hotel, so I figured that one was meant for Klinger and will be sending it up to her.

Meeting you three for the first time in Mexico was the BEST fun! After visiting here on the forums the last couple of years, it was truly that we were old friends already. I will never forget it. I know Slo posted a pic of us there, but for anyone who missed us, here we are!

Daisy, Calamity, Klinger and Slo in Mexico. What fun!

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 3:16PM
emtnest

I love that pic... you are all so happy to be there...lifelong friendships for sure!!
Daisy, it's hip to have rusty on metal... I wouldn't clean it off, use as is, they are really cool!!!

Bookmark   March 3, 2009 at 4:05PM
Calamity_J

Those fern fronds are awesome!!!!!

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 12:56AM
texaswild

DAISEY: All I do is wipe the dirt off them, and glue away. I LIKE the rusty look.

Bookmark   March 4, 2009 at 8:39AM
More Discussions
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™