Loretta

marti8aNovember 6, 2010

I just got an email with no subject from you. Didn't open it because I thought you might have a virus. Did you send something?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin

Marti, that is a good thing to tell her about it.
My SonInLaw (from his email account) sent out two emails
with NO SUBJECT, and only a URL to a strange website, and I called him. He said he had not sent it. Not usual for someone to send an email with such characteristics.

If you get anything from me that way, be sure to let ME know too. I think it is a trend these days.

My computer guru said there is a virus now which is coming through the search engines. No end to it.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 4:30PM
marti8a

I got a virus last week from just reading a post on a forum (not here) and it shut me down. Had to take my laptop to the computer repair shop. Cha-ching.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 7:26PM
Shades_of_idaho

My Mom has some one sending out the same from her Yahoo account. I know it is not her and sadly can not open her emails any more. I told her if she is sending to me to be sure to write in subject link her maiden name and then I know it is from her.

Bookmark   November 6, 2010 at 9:34PM
marti8a

Chris, that sounds like it could be a virus, not someone sending from her email account.

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 9:57PM
idie2live

Hi Marti,
No I did not send you an email. I do remember seeing several emails from a couple of people on this forum. Since the subject was unfamiliar, I deleted them without reading them. As far as I know I do not have a virus, but anything is possible. I'll have my son check it out for me.

Bookmark   November 7, 2010 at 11:19PM
Moccasin

I had to take my computer to the "clinic" last week also. I am still having difficulty reloading my favorite software for editing photos. The techies said there was a virus going around these days which emanated from searches you run.

I put some new watchdog antivirus stuff on here to get a different handle of the problem. But so far, I feel like a stranger on my own computer.

If I send anyone a personal email, I will put my name in the subject line and a personal note in the text. I do not open unsolicited mail.

Bookmark   November 8, 2010 at 4:45PM
More Discussions
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
Okay, how about tea on Monday this week? :)
How is everyone? How was your weekend? I don't know...
lavender_lass
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
Old House New Ideas
A couple of years back I started planning changes to...
Moccasin
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Sponsored Products
Lazy Hill Farms Loretta Bird House - 41450
$309.99 | Hayneedle
Loretta King Tufted Headboard
$1,299.00 | Horchow
Lazy Hill Farms Loretta Bird Feeder - 41550
$309.99 | Hayneedle
Loretta Taupe Damask Sheer Curtain Panel
Overstock.com
Loretta Queen Tufted Headboard
$999.00 | Horchow