What to do with two legs?

sweets98February 23, 2006

I need to find a use for two table legs that I have. Almost three years ago now DH and I took an old fake wood desk that his step mom gave us and we cut the desk part off and just kept the drawer side to make DD a night stand and to have more storage for her. I saved the legs because I knew they held such promise.

I thought about a small table or something but there are only two legs...how will I get it to stand up? I have another different but much skinner leg here, too and I thought I could always put it in the center in the back for extra support and do some small shelf across the bottom?

Have any other ideas for them?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
adellabedella_usa

Two legs - two tables. I've seen some really cute one legged tables. There are various shapes. I think a triangle corner table for decoration only would be neat.

Bookmark   February 23, 2006 at 11:12AM
dian57

How about attaching a shelf (table top) to a wall with L-brackets or decorative brackets and attaching the legs on the opposite corners. It will look like a table pushed against the wall.

If you want to use one leg only, cut the shelf into a semi-circle and center the leg on the round edge. This way you can make two matching tables.

Bookmark   February 24, 2006 at 7:29AM
jaybird

Could you put your two fancy legs on the front of a rectangular table, and put two plain 2x2 or 3x3(depends on the size of the front legs...make them balance visually) legs on the back side?????

Bookmark   February 28, 2006 at 5:48PM
sistersunnie

Are they decorative or plain? How long and how wide? My sister has used them as candlesticks, in the ways mentioned above, as dowels for a towel holder, cut them to shorter lengths and used them as legs for a counter top shelf.

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 8:08AM
pattico_gw

I've seen a lot of tables that have fancy legs on the front and just straight legs in the back, if you are wanting a table.

I have old,old legs from kitchen tables. The are turned legs with the paint peeling and chiping.

One of them I put a base on and about a 6 inch square top. I use it like a fern stand. Sometimes with a plant or sometimes I perch a weather bird house on it.

patti

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 9:41AM
pattico_gw

I know your is sweets98....but I noticed your screen name after I hit submit.

When I was a teenager....Our most popular rock station was "Sweet98" it was 98.something (can't remember anymore) on the dial....(no digital in those days...lol)

Ahhhh memories...

patti

Bookmark   March 1, 2006 at 9:45AM
More Discussions
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Hi you wonderful T2T'ers -mail post?
I would like to decorate my mail box post. It is a...
rhomy
Sponsored Products
Vintage Hotel Key Panel Clock
$205.95 | Bellacor
Copeland Furniture | Audrey Three-Drawer Buffet with Flanked Doors
YLiving.com
Room Magic Pirate Pals Window Valance - RM14-PA
$28.00 | Hayneedle
Bowron Long Woolled Penny Lane 4 x 6 Rectangular Area Rug
$628.00 | LuxeDecor
Eliot Swivel Chair - Cordova Picante Orange
Joybird Furniture