sewing table base w/wood ironing board top

sherreeFebruary 12, 2005

This project was one where someone came to me and wanted me to do a table with this ironing board top. the base i got at an estate sale and they already had the wood ironing board top. i just spray painted the base and distressed the ironing board with a kit i had. this is a pic if it in her house.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deedlesmom

Kewl!!! keep all those great pictures a comin'
Sheree

Bookmark   February 14, 2005 at 3:08AM
Lindy_B

I h ave 3 boards and one base and never ever thought of puttin a board on the base!!! Now,,,, do I have room for it??? this is beautiful and clever!!!

Bookmark   February 14, 2005 at 10:43AM
nanatink

I've got a base and am building a table top of antique southern yellow floor planks for it. It will be my sewing table. I also have the drawers and have used 2 of them so far by putting in 3 tall pillar candles; one of which is filled with river rock and the other stained glass tiles.

I get a lot of compliments on both.

Bookmark   March 2, 2005 at 1:59PM
TwoMonths

years ago my husband brought home 4 old sewing machines from Home Ec class discards....I only kept one and not the machine...I had enough of those in high school...ha ha.
But I did keep several of the drawers and just stack them on top of each other at an angle for display...can hide all kinds of stuff in them up on a shelf, lol. Mostly sewing supplies.
My MIL gave me a wooden ironing board long ago and I just leaned it again a corner entertaiment shelf to keep the little ones from getting behind the shelf and pulling cords...their little hands can get anywhere.

I also saw somewhere that someone used a metal ironing board to make a yard angel...they used scrap lumber for the arms and did not say what they use for head and wings, but I can improvise...I saw one around the corner in the trash and will get tomorrow if there. did not want to embarass the GS with his friends living there.

Bookmark   April 6, 2005 at 11:47PM
More Discussions
From Henredon Dresser to Living Room Console
You only get lucky a few times in life and this time...
AmateurDecor101
ideas for church window frames
I have a chance to get these at a very good price but...
vic447
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
Definitely not trash, but a real treasure. Exceptional find!
A quick look-see stop in Habitat for Humanity's 'Restore'...
adaorand
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™