Style of the Past

emagineerNovember 2, 2007

I was searching for a totally different subject when a site showed up about Lustron homes. There is a show on PBS planned . http://lustron.org/film.htm

Interesting piece of history and a lot of pics from various links within the site linked below. Some are not about Lustron, but curious stories about "life" and products in the past. Plus peeks at what our little homes once were.

Here is a link that might be useful: Luston homes

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaybird

I have a friend who worked in a plant in McGregor, Texas, which made these type houses. There is one near my home in the country that is BRIGHT sky blue...has been well taken care of, and looks great! Thank you so much for the link, I have forwarded it to my friend!

Bookmark   November 2, 2007 at 2:17PM
bud_wi

If is the show I am thinking of 'Lustron  The House AmericaÂs Been Waiting For' produced by KDM, it first aired in 2003 and won an Emmy. It was a very good show, and I would like to view it again. I can't find it in the PBS listings. When is it slated to air again?

Bookmark   November 4, 2007 at 12:52PM
emagineer

Well, that is irritating. They probably already show it and, as with many other really good shows, is just sitting somewhere unobserved. The website is still up, but can't find a schedule. Would really like to see the program.

Bookmark   November 5, 2007 at 9:39AM
bud_wi

It was a good show. Since it won an Emmy (and a few other notable awards) maybe it is available on DVD at the library?

There are a few Lustron homes here in WI. Most of the owners do not list themselves on Lustron discussion websites as they do not want tourists driving by or knocking on their doors to chat.

Bookmark   November 5, 2007 at 11:05AM
More Discussions
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
kitykat
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
Goodbye.....
After being "here" for a many years, since...
pyreneesparent
knife sharpener help
I need a knife sharpener. I have 1 knife sharp enough...
desertsteph
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™