I found this chair on a junk pile. It looked pretty rough, but I loved the look of the frame. I dragged it home. Thinking I could replace the seat and back with macrame'. After taking it apart, I found the frame was drilled with holes for slats, so my honey suggested we use redwood slats. I sanded and painted the frame with a spray paint called hammered green. It sparkles with flecks of glitter and does look hammered. I liked the paint so well, I used hammered copper for my kitchen plant stands. After cutting and sanding the redwood slats, my honey attached them with new carrage bolts. I then decided to use spar varnish as it's an outside rocking chair, and the frame is steel. We love how well it turned out. I hope to be able to post a picture.