any suggestions on this curb find

TwoMonthsFebruary 6, 2007

slipping over from GJ to see what you guys can come up with..ideas for inside and out I guess....had a few ideas but????? No mirror in it at this time. June

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Tnflower_lover

Refinish the wood and paint a picture, or use pictures of the family and cover w/glass. I am not to creative, however that is a great piece to work with
Cara

Bookmark   February 6, 2007 at 7:32AM
paintingfool

Wow, a great find, how about painting with chalk board paint to put in your kitchen and write your menu or to leave notes on. Or, cover foam core board with batting or foam and fabric, use in your closet or bedroom to stick your broches (pins) in. Or, take off the back cover, cut pexiglass the same size, use gallery glass for a stained glass look.

Whatever you decide, have fun.

Bookmark   February 6, 2007 at 9:13AM
tpandryan

Wow! Everyone has really great ideas! What a great find! Maybe you could fill the inside with corkboard squares and use pretty tacks to hang memos and things. Also, this would be a great place to hang your jewelry...I wouldn't put anything TOO valuable in it, but it would really showcase some vintage costume pieces!

Bookmark   February 9, 2007 at 9:20PM
lindac

That needs a mirror in it...If you try to do the bulletin board thing or make a chalk board or about anything else...it will scream.."Look what I found in the junk!"...
It's a very nice chevel mirror frame...It is crying for a new mirror. It doesn't have to be beveled float glass...but for about $25 you should be able to turn it back into a mirror.
Then do something clever, like putting it in your guest bath...by the front door, in a guest bedroom where the teddy bears can see to dress...or in your garage so people can see how they look when buying stuff ( I have a friend who does just that...between sales the mirror lives in the laundry room....and hides a basket of clothes to be washed.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 10, 2007 at 6:51PM
mojojojogrlnj

I agree with linda It is such a beautiful piece I would take it back to what it was really for (and I paint on everything so I shouldnt be saying this lol)love to see a picture with what ever you decide!

Bookmark   February 15, 2007 at 12:09PM
paint_chips

I have one of those someone gave me too! I am taking the mirror off to use in a dressing room, then using the legs (with dowel between where the mirror was attached) to as a fancy towel rack for my master bathroom.

I figure I can get 2 great pieces for one find!

Good luck with it.

Bookmark   February 24, 2007 at 10:23PM
punkyjunky

That mirror frame would make the neatest picture frame...or sign..or table top in mosaic. The feet could be used for the base. But a chalk board would be the easiest..just add paint!

Bookmark   February 25, 2007 at 6:33PM
More Discussions
Glass etc. home decor
For several years I've been making garden art from...
laurastheme
Making lamp shades
I bought an old lamp at a thrift store and can't find...
BJB-TX
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Fairy dwelling made from scrap material
I have this huge Maple tree which keeps shedding bark...
joyfulflowers
What would you do with a boatload of Orangina bottles?
My niece is quite fond of Orangina, and knowing how...
alison
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™