Nice over the toilet storage?

whitemurNovember 11, 2006

I've never really seen one I like. Does such a creature exist?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
merry_ann

I remember seeing one freestanding unit recently in a mail order catalog that I thought was pretty nice. It was perhaps Restoration Hardware, but could have been in one of many others- I'll check through them if you like. I agree that a lot of what is out there is just plain awful. Is this your only reasonable option for storage? What would you like to keep there? What style is the rest of your house? I have seen simple wall mount book-shelves 2 or 3 high, and also those small cubby's like for entryways and offices (the ones they use for mail but you keep your towels rolled up in them instead) used in bathrooms lately. I purchased a "train rack" from restoration hardware for my tiny 1/2 bath It is nice looking and holds towels. I mounted it over the loo.

Bookmark   November 11, 2006 at 5:17PM
susanlynn2012

Whitemur, 12 Years ago I purchase a little faux wicker cabinet for over my toilet in a small powder room I had in my last apartment. When I moved into my townhouse 9 years ago, I brought my cabinet with me and I love it since it is great storage and looks nice in the bathroom. I will take pictures for you tomorrow if you wish.

Bookmark   December 21, 2006 at 11:01PM
susanka

We did four wall-mounted shelves just about the width of the toilet with decent-looking brackets. The toilet was in a little room by itself, so the shelves weren't prominent. I put nicely-folded towels and scattered seashells on the shelves, and it looked pretty nice.

Bookmark   December 28, 2006 at 1:11PM
lyfia

I don't know if it is nice, but nicer than most and holds a lot. I put an IKEA glass door kitchen cabinet above mine. The one that has the mullions on it. I was going to etch the glass to frosted, but haven't gotten around to it and put some molding on top.

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 3:40PM
maggiemuffin360

Not exactly storage for over the toilet, but we wanted something to fill the space.........

Margaret

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 4:27PM
frenchkitty

I found the one in my MB at Hobby Lobby, really well made. Although I haven't decorated in there yet. We keep extra paper and sprays and candles (we never need them though...RIGHT!)

Bookmark   January 13, 2007 at 10:22PM
susanlynn2012

I still must take pics of my bathroom to show you the wicker storage cabinet over the toilet. The room was painted Deep Cream with white trim. I still have to put a picture up and decide if I should keep the color or change it or what I can do to add some color to the room now that it is painted. It was just an off-white color. I guess I thought the deep cream would be a little darker. Maybe I just need a pretty picture.

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 1:22AM
susanlynn2012

Here is some wicker storage options for over the toilet. I still like mine the best but these are very nice also.

Here is a link that might be useful: Wicker Storage for over the Toilet

Bookmark   January 18, 2007 at 1:34AM
jay54

Here's some other options for over the toilet storage that look pretty nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: over toilet storage cabinets

Bookmark   July 16, 2008 at 1:01AM
More Discussions
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
Moved in my smaller home today!!!!
Hello!! I just introduced myself this week; I'm the...
pinkpanther5
window in shower
We moved into our small ranch home (1000 sqft) about...
schnauzerluvr
Okay, how about tea on Monday this week? :)
How is everyone? How was your weekend? I don't know...
lavender_lass
Old House New Ideas
A couple of years back I started planning changes to...
Moccasin
Sponsored Products
Red Smart Line - Set of 3 + Toilet Paper Holder + 3 Hooks
| Dot & Bo
Rose Gold Ellipse Toilet Paper Holder & Reserve
$16.99 | zulily
Trendy Yellow Toilet Brush Holder
TheBathOutlet
White Toilet Brush Holder with Crystals
TheBathOutlet
Scarabeo by Nameeks Planet Toilet - ART. 8105
$843.99 | Hayneedle