Help! These are my Grandmas....

doris104January 31, 2011

I have been given the honor of trying to see what these vases may be worth. They are at least 100 years old, but I know nothing else about them. I will give you dimensions, but I need to have my parents measure them, since they have custody right now and are in a different state. Here are the pics, and I'll get you the rest of the information as soon as I can.

Here is the first one:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
doris104
    Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 10:56PM
doris104

I can't find the bottom mark to this one. I can only assume that there was nothing there. I will contact my parents and see if they see anything on it and have them send me a pic. Thanks for looking and any information will be great!!

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 10:59PM
doris104

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 11:08PM
sunnyca_gw

You will get more help on the Antiques & Collectibles forum-just go up to the top of the page & where it says "forums" click & it's on "Home forums" click on that & it is the 1st forum. The JP with L underneath is - Jean Pouyat-La Ceramique, Limoges, France1905 to the present. It looks like initials on the side of it but I can't read what they are,would help if you knew what they are. Might find it under Limoges or Jean Pouyat or La Ceramique. Yellow 1 looks familiar but would have to look through books to see if I could find it. Anyway I think they are all over $100 each Could check on e-bay & see what you can find. The yellow 1 is Takito,(company) Japan, porcelain 1880-1948

Bookmark   January 31, 2011 at 11:58PM
mfrog

The 1st & 3rd ones look like a lot that I get in the shop, handpainted by ladies around 1900. It was a hobby, they would buy blanks & paint them. Some of these pieces are very beautiful but know who the painter was will make little difference to the value. The second one is later, looks deco to me, out of my area of knowledge.

Bookmark   February 1, 2011 at 2:11PM
More Discussions
Idea for Empty Prescription Bottles?
So I keep looking at my empty prescription bottles,...
thrift_shop_romantic
Free Porch Swing I got off CL.....it's like new!
I got a FREE swing off CL. People throw them away when...
nicole__
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™