mantel scarves

DesiJanuary 5, 2005

Anyone have any unusual or new ideas for mantel scarves? Now that Christmas is over, all the decorations are put away, things look a little bleak and I thought perhaps a mantel scarf might be just the trick to take me into spring decorating. Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
techsupport8

I have used large cloth napkins folded in half to make a triangle. Then laid those out on the mantle with the points down in various configurations and set my mantle decorations on top of them to secure the napkins. I've even sewed cheap tassles on the points for interest.

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 10:15AM
Tnflower_lover

Check out this post, i'll see if I can find the picture

Here is a link that might be useful: MS

Bookmark   January 6, 2005 at 3:29PM
iowajewel

I have bought lengths of fabric and scrunched it up, laid it on top and then put things(candlesticks, pictures, plants or flowers, mirrors, etc.) on top of it. Gives some depth to it, some color and a theme to build from. For Valentine's Day, I have a gauzy/netty kind of fabric with candles, pictures of my loved ones(some in heart frames) and then those "stands" with clips, that are to hold pictures, with antique valentines in them to fill in the background and give some heighth and holiday idea to it all.
Easy...cheap and colorful!
Just my idea......Julie

Bookmark   January 8, 2005 at 12:14PM
momsgirl2

a freind ask me one day if i could use a vEry long piece of what looked like antigue hand made lace i brought it home and made several mantle scarfs. she said it was a ruffle off of a well worn faded comforter.so as i always say THINK OUTSIDE THE BOOK.

Bookmark   January 28, 2005 at 10:16PM
More Discussions
Ceramics and Rustoleum spray paint?
Hi! I have a large/tall grey ceramic vase that I really...
party_music50
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
upholstered head board
I wish I had the two "before" pictures. This...
arcy_gw
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
Recomend glue for fabric?
I have a lampshade that is lifting at the seam. What...
honugirlhawaii
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™