Not in my budget, but...

mama goose_gw zn6OHOctober 22, 2010

This is just the neatest thing! My budget leans more toward those white particle-board cubes that come in different sizes, but if money were no object...

Here is a link that might be useful: Stacking cabinet pieces.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

Those are neat! I'm with you, if money were no object, those would be in my house.

Bookmark   October 22, 2010 at 10:30PM
Shades_of_idaho

WOW Those are fantastic. Too bad they are so expensive. I would love them. Wonder if there is a way to re-create these for less. Hummmmmmmmmmmmm

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 12:38AM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

I'd imagine that anyone with some wood-working ability could make interchangeable pieces--they seem to have simple lines. You'd have to determine your dimensions, and work in multiples of those dimensions, so that everything would fit. And, choose more economical species of wood, or plywood.

I read elsewhere on the site that their designs have won awards--that probably accounts for some of the overhead. They also do custom work--I don't even want to see those prices.

If one could make these more affordable wouldn't they be great for a kid's room? Or, any room where you just want to change things around?

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 10:36AM
prairie-girl

O those are gorgeous! What a great idea, although for those prices, you could almost have something custom made, I'd think.

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 12:09PM
Moccasin

Mama, that is the idea behind the Japanese TANSU chests. They use them as real steps in their homes. And that is the concept that I was suggesting to the Florida Cracker house design for Sandy. Just build them to fit under your stairs, and they would be useful in the kitchen or the family room either way.

The nice thing about them being STACKABLE is that you can reconfigure them if you move a lot. Just think about a military family, unclip their chests, leave everything in the drawers, and when you get to your new location, assemble everything again. No unpacking!!!!

Modular things are wonderful. This source has it on the pricey side, but at some of the unfinished furniture stores you can buy modular things with/without doors/shelves/backs, and it would be the same thing for a cheaper cost.

Thanks for bringing this thread to life. It can be the source of great inspiration to a lot of folks.

Bookmark   October 23, 2010 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
Moved in my smaller home today!!!!
Hello!! I just introduced myself this week; I'm the...
pinkpanther5
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
Fancy expensive 'niche' market appliances
Just now reading @appliances, and there is ever more...
kitykat
Sponsored Products
Armen Living Antique Brown Chair with Natural Jute and Accent Nails - LC10791BR
$649.00 | Hayneedle
Biscayne Cast Aluminum White Outdoor Arm Chairs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
American Drew Cherry Grove NG 7 Piece Dining Room Set in Brown
Beyond Stores
'Be My Always' Personalized Canvas
$31.99 | zulily
'Erinyes' Red Shaded Crystal and Chrome Ceiling Lamp
Overstock.com
Healthy Choices´┐Ż Rectangular: 5 Ft. 4 In. x 7 Ft. 8 In. Kid Essentials - Early C
$255.95 | Bellacor
Cypress Accent Table
Fifthroom.com
Tolix Marais Stool
Design Within Reach
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™