WIP -- Peacock

toomuchglassMarch 27, 2012

I hate posting things that are just started because they're so ugly in the beginning ! But I love the step by step , watching it getting better & better.I know you all do too . This is a Peacock I'm doing . I cut the shape of a peacock out of plywood . ( about 20" square)I painted the whole thing black , because I don't want to use any grout & I wanted any empty spaces to show black. No plan - no directions , just do it as I go. Gulp !!! Here's the

"ugly" beginning :)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

M'lady - there's nothing ugly about this beginning. It's gonna be fabulous. Sure wish I could get my hands on some of the pieces you're using. What are the oval gems surrounded in what looks like rhinestones? And the aqua round ones w/the heart-shaped middle between beads. I LOVE everything about this. Very creative and PRETTY. I LOVE PRETTY.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 9:12AM
Calamity_J

WOW!!! I am Peacock obsessed and this is sooo wonderful!! I wanna do 2 peacock projects, a GOG and a Planter!!! This is soo nice!! Work in Progress pics are a RULE on this forum!lol! At the beginning of my road there is about 15+ wild peacocks and right now they are super beautiful and just inspire me to do those colors!! Love this jewelery pc you are making!!! How big is it?

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 10:48AM
toomuchglass

Thanks ! I've already gotten farther on it since this picture. . The gems are things I bought long ago . They're domed and pattererned . They look like fancy buttons.
( Hard to describe ) This hunk of wood is heavy ! It's about 20" square. I sure hope this turns out .

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 11:45AM
texaswild

W/you working on it, it doesn't have a chance of being unsuccessful. This w/be so interesting to watch develop.

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 12:16PM
silvamae

Can't wait to see how this turns out! Blingy!

Bookmark   March 28, 2012 at 12:59PM
klinger

This looks like it's going to be beautiful. I like your idea of painting the wood and not grouting. Jane is very peacock obsessed, their colors are so beautiful.

Bookmark   March 29, 2012 at 12:08PM
emtnest

It's already beautiful!!! Jane, how about posting some peacock photos?

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 4:58PM
Calamity_J

Heres some pics of the wild peacocks...of course my pics don't do them justice, and the time I saw them all fanned out...I did not have my camera!!!

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 5:44PM
toomuchglass

Simply beautiful ! I have some tail feathers in a vase in my craft room . I love the irridized look of the feathers.
They sure are one of God's masterpieces !

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 11:03PM
Calamity_J

Yes! Me Too! I have counted 11 all at the same time...last year I saw babies!!! There was reported to be 17 but now there are babies too. HURRY post more work in progress pics!!!! This is so inspiring...I KNOW I am gonna do a GOG one very soon!!!

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 1:11AM
emtnest

Thanks Jane, love the peacocks!!!

Bookmark   April 4, 2012 at 3:08PM
texaswild

Oh pooh - I expected to see an update on this project. Anxious to see more, TOOMUCH.

Bookmark   April 10, 2012 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
What sort of grout for a birdbath?
I've mosaiced lots of stuff that lives outside but...
1wanderer
Hello!
Hi everyone! I haven't been here in a really long time....
eggshelllady
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
bicem
Hi, bicem, you posted a mosaic question on the "conversation"...
silvamae
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™