So excited...thank you Summerfield :)

lavender_lassOctober 29, 2011

Here's the cottage picture that I found online. From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

And here's the plan Summerfield just finished! Very similar to before, but with some important changes. The porch off the back is glassed, with screens and can be a home office or extra bedroom, if needed, in the future. Also, the hot tub is back! Turns out we don't have to bring in heavy equipment and can build it like a covered deck and then screen it...so no damage to the lilacs :)

Thank you Summerfield...you're the best!

From [Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures](https://picasaweb.google.com/113704953485102437421/LavenderLassFarmhousePictures?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCMDR5ojYgqf9qgE&feat=embedwebsite)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

Great job Summerfield! It looks just like it, and more.

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 7:58PM
Shades_of_idaho

OH Nice job. Looks so wonderful.

Bookmark   October 29, 2011 at 11:31PM
lavender_lass

Thank you, Summerfield is amazing! What I really like about this plan is that it's exactly what we want and we can do it in stages. The greenhouse and hot tub area can be added later...as could the pergola and even the screened porch. It gives us a lot of options, if we run into anything unexpected during the remodel and have to cut back on the project.

The best thing about having a plan is being able to show everyone, exactly what I've been trying to describe to them. A picture really is worth a thousand words! :)

Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 2:42PM
    Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 6:46PM
dakota1783

Sorry I messed up the link...trying again

Here is a link that might be useful: http://storybookhomes.com/

Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 6:54PM
dakota1783

I will get this right eventually, I hope...

lavender_lass this is for you and your love of a special kind of house and the evocative feelings they provoke. It resonates with me and my feelings about home versus house. Enjoy.

Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 7:02PM
lavender_lass

Dakota- Thank you for the site! They do have some lovely home plans and the exteriors are so charming. Even the plan books are fairy tale like, starting with Once Upon A Time...

I think cottages (at least for me) represent all that's right with a small home. They're cozy, with window seats and fireplaces, have lots of charm and never feel too big. There are always little places to sit and enjoy a view (inside and out) and the climbing roses, vines, flowers and herbs, etc. that 'go' with a cottage home are a big part of the appeal. So many of us associate these homes with storybooks and fairy tales, they also feel very safe...and maybe that's the biggest appeal of all :)

Bookmark   October 31, 2011 at 7:55PM
ellendi

Interested in what stage you are going to start with first? Looks like a really nice plan.

Bookmark   November 1, 2011 at 10:56PM
Moccasin

Fantastic choice, Lavender!
Many many happy dreams while this house is created.

Summerfield is amazing.

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 3:50PM
dilly_ny

Great layout Lavendar_Lass! You have the dining, seating, kitchen and island that I am trying to cram into my plan. Jealous!!! It's a great plan. I love the hot tub too!

Your inspration pic looks more like a tudor than a cottage to me. Are you planning to have the interior with a more cottage feel?

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 4:16PM
lavender_lass

Ellendi- We'll start with the main part of the house, with the utility room area as an addition. Most of the plan is already there, but the porches are new.

ML- Thanks! I know this has always been your favorite plan, too. I've always loved the kitchen, but I think the utility room/powder room is much better.

Dilly- It's more of a cottage/farmhouse, but the exterior rooflines and entry are very much like the inspiration pic. The pergola and swing would look wonderful, but the half timbers are a little more Tudor than we'll probably have. I love climbing roses, wisteria and lots of flowers, so definitely more cottage with a bit of farmhouse feel (I hope) with the porches and big kitchen. I really like english cottage and french country farmhouse, so we'll see where we end up! :)

Here's my favorite inspiration pic for the kitchen area... From Lavender Lass farmhouse pictures

Bookmark   November 3, 2011 at 5:55PM
More Discussions
xpost interior storm windows
I posted this on the windows forum but not getting...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
desertsteph
Mama Goose - a question?
Hi Mama, I saw in one of your posts that you have painted...
idie2live
Organizing the kitchen
Do you wish your kitchen was better organized? I do!...
flgargoyle
Mise en place
I give you a link to an NPR article about the above...
Moccasin
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™