Newbie needs suggestions

savingsfanaticApril 12, 2004

Hi! I'v been a lurker at this board fo awhile enjoying all of your posts! Now I would love some of your expert and imaginative advice or suggestions.

I am in the process of cleaning out a barn we inherited from my husbands grandfather about 5 years ago and although most of the stuff is rusty junk, there are some items I find interesting.

I brought this item home today because I liked it (Hubby is less than thrilled) but I don't know what to do with it. There are several more in the barn so I'm looking for some great suggestions! Thanks in advance!

Image link:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
annsb

Depending on the look you like, you could keep the rusted look or paint it....black would look cool and then use it in your garden for a birdbath, feeder or hold a plant! A series of three in a row (since you have more) would look really stunning!
ann

Bookmark   April 12, 2004 at 8:17PM
sheri

Can you give us an idea of the size?
Thx! Sheri

Bookmark   April 16, 2004 at 2:34AM
Iamdreaminginsocal

Lots of people love rusty junk! Do not throw it out! Many welders/artists make all kind of things out of it! you might make $$$ out of it! Keep what you want and sell the rest.

Bookmark   April 25, 2004 at 8:25AM
rubydee_7

I beleive what you have are watering cups for cows, when they were put in their stantions in the cow barn. This usually happened when they were to be milked. Sometimes during bad weather the cows were also put in the barn. I believe the cups are probably antiques. I would check into this before you sell them or paint them as that would probably affect the value. Ruth

Bookmark   May 14, 2004 at 9:58PM
More Discussions
Need Material Ideas
My old house has non standard floor vents. The metal...
beth0301
Carnival glass weather resistant?
I asked this question on the garden junk forum and...
laurastheme
Looking for aussies! (I've got glass to get rid of!)
Hi Folk I started on the exciting journey of glass...
aussie_mum
New uses for old stuff
I've read many good posts on what to do with clothes...
jtribe1234
Need help for outside arbor
This was purchased at a big box store. Four poles of...
rosa_happy_trails
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™