Sneak peak of my Barker kitchen!!!

dcward89May 18, 2014

We're not done but the cabinets are now installed. We got the doors and finished end panels on one run of uppers and I had to share just how gorgeous these Barker natural finish cherry cabinets are. I will do a full reveal when we are done but I thought many on here would enjoy seeing this!! They are pics from my cell so not super high quality or anything but the cabinets still look beautiful to me!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
juddgirl2

They look great!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 3:25PM
greenhaven

WoW!!! They do look fabulous! If we ever do a complete overhaul i will be doing Barker cabinets. Every Barker kitchen I see I am so impressed with!

Were they easy to assemble?

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 3:27PM
dcward89

greenhaven...they are super easy to assemble. My hubby and I could do the most complicated ones in 10 minutes tops. With what you're doing in your kitchen you could probably do it blindfolded!!! There is no glue...just these specialty screws. Everything is pre-drilled. My DH is an engineer and he is completely impressed with the quality of the cabinets and the precision design of them. Just for fun...here's a pic of the window run. The drawer/door fronts aren't all installed yet but you can take a peak anyway!!! Can you tell I'm super-excited?

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 3:38PM
brightm

Beautiful! Absolutely gorgeous!

(Today is start-to-clear-out-the-kitchen-slowly day here.)

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 4:24PM
greenhaven

Well, you should be excited! And thanks for the sneak peek!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 4:34PM
crl_

Beautiful!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 4:45PM
jennifer132

These look awesome. Love the cherry in your space.

You know you are serious DIY when you have the big shop vac! We have that one too and I was so excited to move it out of my kitchen.

Good luck with the rest of the doors and fronts. You are doing a light corian countertop? I can't remember, sorry. Soapstone? Love soapstone....

Look forward to your reveal. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 5:20PM
Mags438

They look great!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 5:27PM
tmy_jax

Congrats & keep postin' pics! They look great!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 8:17PM
mgmum

They look great! I love the green, are you keeping it?

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 9:55PM
CEFreeman

Aren't they just absolutely beautiful.

I seldom have money to actually spend on new things. I'm the reuse center queen.

However. (really big HOWEVER). When I can save the money, it's from Barker and The Cabinet Joint.com. Their stuff is fabulous, carefully made, the two fellows (Chad and Brian) are patient and make me feel comfortable with my decisions.

and... I love my stuff.

You have a gorgeous kitchen in the making!

Bookmark   May 18, 2014 at 11:34PM
deedles

Gorgeous cabs... love cherry and esp. as it darkens it becomes even more beautiful. Nice!

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 1:04AM
dcward89

MGMum...yes I am keeping the green. I contemplated painting the walls a light grey but when the cabinets came in the warmth of the wood called for something else. The green just seemed to complement the cherry perfectly.

Something funny...completely coincidentally, the paint color is Behr Witch Hazel. The pattern name of our Corian countertops is also Witch Hazel but it's a white, maybe slightly off-white with faint swirls of tan and grey...where do they come up with these names???

jennifer132...the big ol' shop vac, ugggghh!!! Always in the way when not in use but invaluable still...and yes, a definite sign of veteran DIY'ers!!! Yes, we are doing the light Corian counters (as described above). Originally wanted soapstone but it's was far above what I was willing to pay so I happily and eagerly switched to the Corian...I'm just not a granite girl.

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 6:57AM
CEFreeman

I got this small, DeWalt shop vac. It's very light weight and has the option to use an 18volt battery!
I spoke of it a couple of years ago and someone else picked one up -- loved it!

Anyway, it's much easier to stuff in a cabinet than the big shop vacs. When you get your life organized, you might want to look it up. It's hard to go back to a regular vacuum when you've had the shop vac thingies!

Bookmark   May 19, 2014 at 9:28PM
neitsdelf

Your panelized finished ends look terrific! Now I'm a little bit regretting that I went with slab ends.

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 5:47PM
joygreenwald

Oh, I love! (Which is good because my Baker natural cabinets are on production. We couldn't afford soapstone either, so we went with a leathered Bross blue, which looks a lot like soapstone) I'm also glad to hear it as easy to assemble. Congratulations on the progress! Can't wait to see your reveal!

Bookmark   July 9, 2014 at 11:18PM
More Discussions
Review a friend's kitchen?
You all helped me tremendously in planning our kitchen...
camandann
Stacked uppers?
Is it worth doing stacked uppers? I love the look but...
tigger9759
Ideas to make this an eat- in kitchen
The kitchen in our new old house is pretty small and...
poppy3212
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Viatera Minuet
Hello! I am about to start a kitchen remodel and I'm...
cburky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™