Two New Snowmen

pezabelleDecember 13, 2010

Just finished these....These were fun but JMP uses different strokes, but I used what I was comfortable with and some of her ideas. I also dropped all of the "items" she included in hers, although I might go back and put in a birdhouse or tree or whatever. But to me her patterns are just two busy but so very cute.

Only four more to go before Christmas.

Belle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marylee_2010

Belle, Your snowmen are the cutest! You are such a good painter and your shading is top notch.

Marylee

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 6:24PM
phonegirl

Belle, these snowmen are adorable. As you know JMP is one of my favorite artists. She does put alot of detail in her paintings and I love them. These look fantastic the way you painted them.

I can hardly wait to see all of your painting done and in their frame.

Punk

Bookmark   December 13, 2010 at 10:10PM
kraftymom

You've been very busy. The snowmen are adorable!

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 1:45AM
calirose

Great snowmen Belle!

Bookmark   December 14, 2010 at 10:13AM
luvstocraft

Belle, they are both just adorable and you did such a nice painting job on them. I like that you left off some of the extras. I think her designs are cute too, but must admit it makes me tired thinking about doing all those little detail things. I'll keep your trick in mind for the next time I see one of her designs I really like but need to simplify. Same with some of Karen Wisner's designs, cute but too much for me!

Luvs

Bookmark   December 15, 2010 at 12:02AM
heartsandcrafts

These are adorable Belle! Love the fringe on both pieces. I have to ask though, who is JMP? I'm not familiar with the artist.

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 4:57AM
paintingfool

Busy lady!! These are sooo cute. Love their faces. You did JMP proud I am sure.
B

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 7:55AM
pezabelle

Thanks Everyone....these are fun and that's what painting is all about!

The fringe was so easy, for my birds adventure I purchased a Filbert rake and used it and it puts down 5 lines at a time.

Hands.....that's Jamie Mills-Price, I have enclosed a link to her site. My patterns are from Christmas Between the Vines Vol. 2

I put the two finished boards into the frame and they look so good! I now know what color my living room is going to be, right after Christmas. I love the Fawn color.

Off to finish the remaining 4 ....

Belle

http://www.betweenthevines.com/

Bookmark   December 17, 2010 at 11:11AM
heartsandcrafts

Belle - thanks for the artist's name. I have seen, and really like, the Between the Vines books - although I haven't purchased any yet and wasn't aware of the artist's name. Fawn is a good color choice for your living room. We painted ours just before Thanksgiving - Walnut Wash by Frazee. It's in the tan family - although a bit darker than Fawn. At first I thought I had gone too dark and wasn't very happy with it but after a week or so I realized the room feels so warm and cozy now. Plus, it's a great neutral background for so many other colors.

Bookmark   December 21, 2010 at 3:44PM
More Discussions
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™