PV Workshop Project

texaswildMarch 25, 2013

Squeezed this in. Getting hard to find a place to hang my junk. Best friend Jeannie gave me the lighted statue.
PV Workshop Project

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild
    Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 6:03PM
wackyweeder

I love your piece. SW work fascinates me with its neatness and colors. I really envy ppl who can do pique assiette well.

Bookmark   March 25, 2013 at 8:02PM
silvamae

That is Charming! I love it; truly inspiring (and I need some inspiration right now).

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:04AM
texaswild

Thanks, WACKY. StJohnsGypsy sent me a link to Susan's Facebook - I'm not a member - check out her FB for more pictures. Her other students' work was fabulous. I just don't have access to vintage china like they do in CO. Susan and her following work in very small shards, and hardly leave any grout space - very nice technique.

SILVA: Force yourself to work on something small - it'll come.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 9:28AM
nicethyme

oooh I didn't know you were taking Susan Wechsler's workshop. her work is really tight and beautiful isn't it? that is really really lovely - great color combinations. Do you make your own substrate for these?

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:41AM
texaswild

VERY tight, which is nice. I could have cut this out, but Susan insisted. She sent our substrates to us b/f we left. One other student had this shape, which S. calls a Tuscan Window. If I'd cut it, I'd not have put the little wings on the sides, and made a more iconic top. Rest of the students had large Spirit Houses, which I didn't want. She was very accommodating. I'm gonna cut a window soon and mosaic it completely different - w/climbing roses and real vintage lace curtains. I can see a window box w/porcelain flowers too. Dreams!!!

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 10:59AM
nicethyme

ooh interesting! I'm gonna go see her work on her FB page and see if I can see all the different window styles.

I know what you mean about the china, its definitely what sets her little dresses apart from other ppl's,

I can't wait to see what you come up with on your own.

Bookmark   March 26, 2013 at 3:20PM
ItsmeChickadee

I am sitting at work, less than five minutes away from Susan's studio. I should probably take advantage of my location, huh?
Becky

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 1:38PM
texaswild

DEFINITELY. You'll learn lots from her. Better yet, why doncha start saving to go to her workshop in PV next year. She's making a wonderful niche. Check out this site:
My Paradise

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 2:24PM
nanatricia

It looks great !! You do good . I think I am lost some where . I did do a cross for a little girl who has cancer and they are doing a benefit.and a butterfly .

Bookmark   March 27, 2013 at 8:53PM
texaswild

Pictures, NANA, please.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 9:03AM
loribee2

Very pretty, Slow! Love the flowers and the colors. Looks beautiful.

Bookmark   March 28, 2013 at 10:22PM
silvamae

Nana, come and visit me, or I will come visit you, and we will talk mosaics and maybe exchange some tess and get your creative mojo going again.

Bookmark   March 30, 2013 at 2:46PM
More Discussions
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™