I am looking ....and hope you have....

phoggieOctober 12, 2010

I am looking for a house plan approximately 1800+ SF that is all on one level (no steps)...view to the back....3 bedrooms....lots of storage...2-3 car garage. If you have a house like this, would you mind sharing the floor plan? We are downsizing from 4090 SF...retired empty nesters...and don't need all of that space to heat, cool, and pay taxes!

THANK YOU!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
young-gardener

Have you looked at the floor plans on the Southern Living website? They have several pretty plans that are small.

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 1:59PM
flgargoyle

I had trouble finding house plans for a rear view- until I started looking for waterfront homes. They tend to be set up for a rear view. Good luck!

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 2:30PM
Moccasin

How big is your lot? Is it in the city?

We had a house which was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina, and it fits what you are describing pretty well. Three BR, 2.5 bath, nice sized LR, DR, kitchen, and the screened porch had been enclosed as a 4 season sunroom on the back. It was on a slab, and was not high up enough to survive the hurricane surge. The house was old brick, and it was one room deep. I think every room in the house had a river view. And lots of closets too. We have no plans for the house, I think most blueprints were destroyed in the storm. But I could draw out the floorplan and give you a couple of photos of how it looked. There was a wood burning fireplace, and a wall of bookcases open and with doors. The baths were not large, but were well located.

Let me know if you want a floor plan. I could do one next week some time.

Bookmark   October 12, 2010 at 10:45PM
young-gardener

That reminds me, one of my favorite architects has a collection of lake houses. Look under "from the drawing board," and you will see the lake houses icon.

Here is a link that might be useful: lake houses

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 7:29AM
phoggie

moccasinlanding~~

I would LOVE to see your plan...sounds like something I might be looking for. Thanks for doing this for me...I appreciate all of the ones I can get, so hope you all keep them coming :-)

young-gardener...thanks for the suggestions...I'll be looking at them.

Bookmark   October 13, 2010 at 12:31PM
More Discussions
ML - what's happening?
Is it done yet?
desertsteph
xpost interior storm windows
I posted this on the windows forum but not getting...
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
window in shower
We moved into our small ranch home (1000 sqft) about...
schnauzerluvr
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
Need help with porch roof color
Hello, I don't know if I'm posting in the right forum,...
jennieroad
Sponsored Products
Indoor Ceiling Fans: Hampton Bay Porong 52 in. Brushed-Walnut Patina Ceiling Fan
Home Depot
Dansk Flamestone Brown Cup - Set of 4 - LNOX866
$71.80 | Hayneedle
Blue Green Round High/Low Table, Patio Furniture
FRONTGATE
Auburn Tigers Bear Woven Baby Throw
$17.99 | zulily
Valentine's Rum Cake - N/A
$65.00 | Horchow
Hope Suspension by Luceplan
$1,387.44 | Lumens
People viewed this after searching for: