hoot

annieluDecember 29, 2007

anyone here from Ohio that attends HOOT(Heart of Ohio Tole) meetings?

I was invited by one of the members who told me I really should join because she thought my things were great(at my last craft show~~WHAT a boost of confidence for me, I've never thought I was that good.)

Sio I am going to one on January 19th.

Also, do any of you belong to the decorative painters society?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
paintingfool

Annie, I have been a member of National Society of Decorative Painters for more than 22 years. I went to the HOOT convention last August and absolutely loved it. Each year the HOOT chapter puts on the convention with a lot of teachers and a one huge room for the vendors. I spent a whole day walking the exposition floor and buying books, surfaces, brushes, etc. There are chapters all over, I am the current President of our local chapter but I belong to three that are in nearby cities. I think you will enjoy it.

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 8:35PM
annielu

Thanks paintingfool. I decided that in 2008, I would spread my wings a little, so I'm going to HOOT, and I'm taking photography classes. I guess you're never too old, huh?

Bookmark   December 30, 2007 at 9:36PM
kraftylady23

I live in IN, but I went to HOOT last year too. Loved it and love the vendor's booths. Spent way to much money, but got some really neat brushes, books, etc. I will be going again this coming August. I belong to SDP in Indianapolis, INDY Decorators Chapter. I really learning alot and have great opportunities too.
Donna

Bookmark   January 27, 2008 at 8:16PM
paintingfool

Hi Donna, I will be going again also. Long drive for me - 14 hours but we had such a good time last year. I won the free weeks stay at the host hotel last year - gave me more money to spend on the floor. I am a member of Mobile and Pensacola chapters. Will be going to Tampa in May. Great to see another DP on the forum.
Bebe

Bookmark   January 28, 2008 at 8:00AM
More Discussions
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
1970's-1980's decorative painting books?
Can someone help me please? I painted from some books...
springroz
Merry Christmas 2014
Hope you all have a very wonderful holiday with your...
anjabee
Latest project
A new friend from church wanted to get back into painting...
luvstocraft
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™