A little nagging goes a long way :)

doodlebooApril 3, 2009

I got home yesterday and every stitch of clothes had been washed and folded. There was a TON. It took him six hours to get it done. He had also gone and gotten some boxes and started packing the decortive stuff.

He said when the girls go back to school monday he is going to go out and put in more applications. He didn't even ASK where the computer was. LOL.

I guess my nagging finally paid off. He isn't a bad guy he just needs to be kicked in the butt from time to time to get him moving....kindof like a cow. I gave him much positive reinforcement to make sure he realized how much him doing things like this alleviate my stress. There was no arguing last night. Maybe he made the connection. Fingers crossed.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silversword

*fingers crossed*

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 10:26AM
mom2emall

Good! I am so glad for you. Sometimes hubbys need a good old kick in the butt to get them back on track! Even the best hubbys can fall into a lazy streak once in a while.

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 10:34AM
finedreams

good. glad he got it! sometimes men need to be told what to do.

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 12:40PM
doodleboo

He's not a bad guy....just lazy but ONLY when it comes to doing things he doesn't like. If it's something like yard work or cooking he'll do it all day long!

I guess hinting just doesn't work with him. You have to be direct and to the point. You have to tell him what you wanthim to do. COmplaining about it or making reference to it is pointless.

Once I started giving out direct orders he started getting on it. I was just worried I'd look like Wifezilla if I started barking orders left and right but it would appear that's what gets him hopping.

Bookmark   April 3, 2009 at 12:51PM
justnotmartha

and we didn't even have to send you the lamp. Nice work, Wifezilla! :-)

Bookmark   April 4, 2009 at 1:46AM
More Discussions
Post Partum Depression Because of Step-Grandmother?
I have a 5 year old boy and a 4 month old girl. I was...
CarolinaMom36
My SO suggested that I share a bed with his 11 year-old son!
For the last 3 years, I've been in a relationship with...
anarana
Choosing Cats over Friends
Sorry, I'm posting this here because I don't know where...
Karen10125
His ex controls the situation through the kids
I have been dating my BF for over 3 years now and his...
chester13
To visit or not to visit
About three years ago, after many instances of being...
wrychoice1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™