What year is this mr. magic chef ?

EATREALFOODOctober 31, 2012

Hi Can you all identify the year of this stove ?(wow look at those pots !!! I need bartender's friend bad)

We are keeping mr. magic chef for now, just curious about the year. I bought him used for $160-delivery included! and have only replaced 1 ignition in 6 years. We cook all day and I also get power surges which doesn't help. I'm going to research surge protectors.

(I love this new feature on GW for downloading photos w/o having to go to flkr but how do you insert more than one photo ?-thanks)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jakabedy

You might post over at the appliances forum -- I'll bet there are folks over there with encyclopedic knowledge of this kind of thing. My personal wild guess is mid-1980s.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 11:48AM
EATREALFOOD

jaka-I was thinking mid 1980's too
Too bad it has chips and a scratched BS panel-otherwise it was built to last !

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 12:05PM
Shades_of_idaho

ERF I think it is Barkeepers friend.

When I bought our Magic chief from Craigs list it did not have a manual with it. I looked around on it until I found a plate with the model numbers. Then googled that number and found out the year and also a manual online for it.. LOL I could not figure how to work it. Turning on the stove was a total mystery. There are no knobs for that. It has been so long now I do not even remember where the model plate was on it I am thinking the back.

I really like that your burners are the same size. I miss being able to span my griddle across two burners for cooking breakfasts of kings. :^))

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:10PM
Shades_of_idaho

OH Good I just read your other post. This one must mean you are doing ok from the storm??

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:51PM
EATREALFOOD

Hi Shades !! you are so funny-is there ANY type of home(square footage) or type of appliance you haven't owned ? Yes, barkeeper's friend. We went out to a pub on Tuesday so had bartenders on my mind :)
The electricity stayed on(and that meant we had drinking water too) so all is well. You should have seen my counter--stock pots and every pitcher full of drinking water...bathtub full of water--just in case.
I like the burners for that same reason--I too use a cast-iron grill for "breakfasts of kings" LOL.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 1:41PM
Shades_of_idaho

LOL I guess at my age and as many houses as we have flipped or just lived in we have had so many different appliances. Once we had a house with four appliances in four different colors and I believe four different brands. Sadly all on one wall. LOL Only one house we bought all new until this house and right off I ditched the brand new stove. I HATED it. Wanted to have my glass top.

So glad you are ok and no damage from Sandy.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 2:06AM
More Discussions
I've lost interest in this project
The decorating forum said I needed a colored carpet...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
Fancy expensive 'niche' market appliances
Just now reading @appliances, and there is ever more...
kitykat
Mise en place
I give you a link to an NPR article about the above...
Moccasin
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
desertsteph
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™