My First Donna Dewberry Kit!

HeatherDNovember 13, 2001

Hi everyone.

Just got my kit from ths this weekend for Donna's revised favorites, also ordered her palette and brush holder as well as some decals.

My question to all you Donna fans what else do I need? Is there one book or video you all just can't live without. What has helped you out the most. Any Donna painters in the Yukon?

Heather

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kraftymom

Hey Heather, sounds like your ready to get started! The only thing you need now is the time to practice!

I'm more of a book person than a video person. So even though I have many of the videos that come with her kits I tend to refer to the books more.

The one 'series' of Donna's that I really like is her 12 month binder series of laminated practice sheets (you can read more about it on her www.onestroke.com site). You get 8 sheets every 2 months on automatic shipment - 2 floral, 2 animal, 2 landscape, and 2 holiday - for a total of 48 practice sheets. I personally think it's one of her best collections. The landscapes in that series were my basis for ordering it and it finally gave me the courage to do one. I've always done flowers and animals and such but landscapes always intimidated me - not anymore! She makes it very simple. The binder is a great reference book.

Bookmark   November 14, 2001 at 2:17AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
AKTarango_prodigy_net

Hi Heather,
If you need any help just let me know! I think all her videos are great!

Karen:)
OSCI

Bookmark   November 15, 2001 at 9:57PM
More Discussions
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Crazy Turkey
I forgot to post this crazy turkey that I painted for...
anjabee
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™