A couple new projects

gail1055November 29, 2007

Just finished a couple projects. The step stool a friend commissioned me to paint for a christmas present. She wanted a pumpkin and colored leaves painted on it.

The other is a tropical christmas card design I decided to paint for fun on a fan blade. I went to the club house this morning for breakfast and took it along to show my friends and someone bought it :~). (Saturday they are having a Christmas bazaar to raise money for activities at our MHP, so I donated a couple fan blades I had already painted.) Check them out. Gail

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Those are GR8.What a good way to use those fan blades.I have a stack of them here in my craft room.Good ideas.TFS
Kathi

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 8:58PM
luvstocraft

I love that little set of steps and and your painted design just looks terrific on them. I love the expression on your seagull--so cute. TFS. Luvs

Bookmark   November 29, 2007 at 9:04PM
oddie

Just Beautiful!, wish I had thought to save fan blades, as always you are such a great painter!
oddie

Bookmark   November 30, 2007 at 8:19AM
anjabee

Oh my Gosh, that pelican is so dang cute!! He looks so proud of himself for getting everything decorated up so nice. Love the fish jumping around and no wonder the lady snapped it up!
The step stool is awesome. Once again, love how you did the multicolored leaves. Very realistic. Bet your friend loved it! But if not, you can just pack it up and send it on to me! ha
Great job. ~Anj

Bookmark   November 30, 2007 at 9:00AM
alisande

Love the whimsy of the pelican. And your friend will be thrilled with the step stool!!

Bookmark   November 30, 2007 at 9:48AM
diarich

Those are gorgeous!!!
We have a freecycle in our town where you list free stuff.
I found some on there. Do a freecycle search for your town. They have cropped up all over.
Hugs
Diana

Bookmark   November 30, 2007 at 11:04AM
kerryt

Oh I love that stool!! Did you build it?

Bookmark   December 7, 2007 at 12:03PM
gail1055

My friend purchased the step stool at Target. She wanted to leave the finish as is and just paint colored leaves and pumpkins on it. I suggested painting the background black on just the front of the step and then added the design. I'm glad you like it ;~) Gail

Bookmark   December 29, 2007 at 1:53PM
More Discussions
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™