My little secret

paintingfoolNovember 26, 2008

Although I paint my Santas and Snowmen, the cheeks on the snowmen are not painted. I used red pastel paint and scrubbed in a circular motion. I know some of our ladies took a red pencil - probably Prismacolor, scrubbed it on fine sandpaper and then used a brush to pick up some of the pigment and applied in a circular motion for the cheeks. I find it too difficult to get a good cheek on a snowman with regular paint. This is quick and easy.

B

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Cheeks are always hard to get just right. I don't know what you mean by red PASTEL paint. I've used chalk on a dry brush and my makeup blusher on a q tip, but seem to get my best results just by dry brushing with a little acrylic paint. Your's just always look exactly right PF. Luvs

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 9:47PM
luthien

oooo...ooo.. great tip :) thanks!

Bookmark   November 26, 2008 at 11:05PM
anjabee

Yea B...what's pastel paint? I've been getting better results from my watercolor pencil than I was with any liquid paint before, but I'm open for learning a better technique. ha I have used the pastel chalks before with good effect too, but I have misplaced my little box of them. Reminds me I need to find them. I put them up where I could find them, but the children couldn't in one of my cleaning sprees, but it seems I hid them a little too good. ha Hate it when I do that. Look forward to learning more about your method. Your cheeks always look perfect to me. =) ~Anj

Bookmark   November 28, 2008 at 4:01PM
phonegirl

Thanks B, but I'm with the rest. What is pastel paint? I wet my cheek with water, then dip my brush in gooseberry paint, wipe on paper towel to remove most of the paint and then do a circular motion where I want it. Mine don't always turn out exactly the way I want but that's how I've always painted cheeks. Now you need to tell us the rest of the story so it may be easier, please. Quick and easy is what I like best. LOL

Bookmark   November 30, 2008 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
Wooden "Jumping Jacks" in the Gallery
Finally got around to posting the wooden toys that...
colorcrazy
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™