Gift ideas?

anjabeeNovember 3, 2006

Luvs did the jiffypops recently and got me thinking of little gifts that I can give my neighbors this year. We usually don't do anything expensive.

I thought of an idea the other day that I may do. You know those little galvanized pails you can get at craft stores and even the hardware store? I was thinking of painting a cute snowman scene on them and filling them with popcorn balls (snowballs?). What do you think of that?

Or I've seen new paint buckets painted and filled with snowmelt for those of you that live in snowy areas.

Anybody else got any fun painted gift ideas to share.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colour_me_violet

Those are really great gift ideas.

I have a sister who is learning to paint with me. She has really limited her supplies so I purchased one of those galvanized buckets and have been adding supplies to it. All pertaining to painting and she can paint the design on the bucket too once she empties it. How's that?

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 8:43PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

Anj, I love the bucket with the popcorn snowballs Idea--sounds really cute! Don't know about snowmelt--none here in So. Calif. ;o)

Violet, your sister will love a bucket full of painting supplies! It takes awhile to accumulate all the neat brushes and assorted paints. Nice idea.

My Jiffypop containers seemed to go over well. Thought I might do a few for Christmas for a group of friends I meet for lunch every couple of months--but now I kind of like Anj's idea better.

I've also painted flowerpots and put seed packets, gloves and small gardening tools in them--that seems better for Spring or Summer tho.

I've also thought about painting on soaps and then wrapping it with a pretty washcloth in clear paper with a pretty ribbon tied on.

I've already done the same idea with candles and candleholders from Big Lots one year.

I'll let you know if I think of anything else.

Luvs

Bookmark   November 3, 2006 at 9:31PM
More Discussions
Painting old aluminum cooking kettles
I found some old aluminum cooking kettles that I would...
PastorWife
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Spicy peppers
Before Thanksgiving, I pulled out some of the wooden...
luvstocraft
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Sponsored Products
Corsair Brushed Silver and Espresso Tripod Tabletop Clock
$220.50 | Bellacor
Capital Lighting Park Place Champagne Bronze Two-Light Pendant Light
$138.00 | LuxeDecor
14 Series Single Pendant by Bocci
$350.00 | Lumens
LC2 Petit Modele Ottoman
Design Within Reach
Alessi | 5180S24M - Nuovo Milano 24-piece Monobloc Cutlery Set
YLiving.com